All reviews heritage room wildflower restaurant bath salts beautiful hotel cathedral square complimentary mini bar restored building world class hotel city room egg white omelette massive bathroom best hotels in the world best hotel i have ever stayed balcony room exceptional hotel moment you arrive turn down service
Reviewed February 19, 2016

Unfortunately we didn't stay at the Como as it's a new addition to the Perth Hotel scene which I didn't know about. The Como Hotel is housed in the beautiful State Treasury Building & the renovations are outstanding & so too is the Como Hotel.

Como Hotel also forms part of the Cathedral Square development located on the corner of St Georges Terrace and Barrack Street.

We dined at all the restaurants during our stay in Perth & loved them all. The bars are also equally fabulous.

The lobby area has been designed to perfection & I can't wait to I stay at the Como Hotel next time I visit Perth as I was sooo impressed with the whole State Building complex.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Ellemay
Anneke B, General Manager at COMO The Treasury, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2016

Dear Ms Ellemay,

Thank you for your review of the State Buildings and all our restaurants and bars. We are so pleased you got to experience them all and hope that you can stay with us on your next trip to Perth.

The restoration of the buildings is something that the whole city can be proud of and I am pleased you enjoyed this aspect of your visit.

Again, we appreciate the time you have taken to share your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2016

Enjoyed an overnight stay at the Como in a gorgeous room overlooking the Supreme Court gardens. The service was 6 star - over and above, without being intrusive. The facilities - excellent. I highly recommend having a treatment in the day spa - I had an Indian head massage - and I can honestly say, it was the best massage I have ever had and worth every cent. World class!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank serena b

Dear Ms Serena B,

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay with us. We have a tremendous amount of pride in the restoration of these beautiful buildings and we are so pleased you enjoyed this aspect of your stay.

I have shared your comments with our team, including our therapists in the Spa. It is a pleasure to hear that it was the best massage you have ever had!

Again, we appreciate the time you have taken to share your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2016

Stayed one night for business.

Pro's:

1. Beautiful old building, only 3-4 stories high, right on St George's Terrace (main street in CBD). Great location.

2. Very new hotel, with amazing fit-out within the shell of the old building. Luxurious lounge where check-in occurs (there are no check-in desks).

3. Room was massive, with high ceilings, walk in robe, and bathroom the size of most hotel rooms. Bath next to large window overlooking tree-tops on main street. Beautiful décor, everything feels well built and luxurious. Automatic blinds, nice stereo, comfy lounge chair. One of the nicest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in.

4. Lots of goodies thrown in - free Wi-Fi, free mini-bar, free snacks. It's nice for once not to feel like you're being taken advantage of once you've paid for the room.

5. Pool is stunning - indoor, but glass louvered windows on 3 sides, overlooking roof of the church next door.

Con's:

1. Called guest service line from my room, and 3 out of 4 times it rang out. There were usually plenty of staff wandering the common areas, some of them should be answering phones.

2. Breakfast room is beautiful, and staff were great, but food itself was bland (and fairly limited menu).

3. We had a false firm alarm go off the middle of the night, which woke everyone up, and then also auto-switched off the aircon (not so great during a heatwave). Staff next morning were very apologetic. Appear to be some teething issues in new hotel.

Overall, I loved this hotel - it's exactly what Perth needs. We usually stay at the Metropol (as the only other decent hotel in town), and this surpasses it easily.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business

Dear BFG Melbourne,

Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us. We are very proud of the restoration of these beautiful buildings and we are so pleased you enjoyed this aspect of your stay.

Thank you also for sharing your feedback regarding the service. I am sorry the experience was not at our normal level, as indeed phones should be answered. We have addressed this with the team.

The false alarm was in fact set off as a result of a guest smoking in the room, so my sincere apologies that this occurred and disturbed you late at night.

Reviewed February 13, 2016 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights and wished it was longer. The room, the Day Spa, the restaurants, the bathroom products are all outstanding. Attention to detail is like no other. Nothing compares to this Hotel in Perth. It's number 1 for good reason.
The only drawback - the rooms aren't dark at night. You could read a book without switching the light on.

Stayed: February 2016

Dear Leah,

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed the experience.

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2016 via mobile

Amazing space and redesign of a beautiful building. Had a fabulous 2 night stay with friends. Bars & eateries within the hotel fun & friendly.

The standard entry city room more than adequate with all the touches you'd expect from a como hotel. No balcony obviously (choose balcony room if you want one) and high windows equals not great view or natural light. Having said that the open plan bedroom & bathroom allows block out curtains in the main bedroom but not the bathroom so if you want complete darkness it won't happen as you'll have the light shining in from bathroom windows. Bathroom is indeed luxurious and as large as bedroom in the standard city room. Remember you are in a city and there will be noise (Sunday morning church bells for what seems like hours!)

It's definitely a superb place to stay. I think they are having a few teething issues being a new hotel. The breakfast and staff were lovely but the service slow and not quite on point/forgetful.

If you have been to any other como shambala spa's I feel this one didn't quite meet the mark.. The massage was ok but I was not transported to a serene space. It was obvious we were still in a city hotel .. The service again was friendly albeit not polished - and you can hear a lot of noise - from inside and outside hotel.

It's clearly the best place to stay in perth and it would be impossible not to enjoy. I think they are still getting it together. However at this price point I would not have thought that 10 minutes after checking out from a two night stay, whilst waiting for our friends to check out, we would NOT have been asked to move on out of the reception area because it's only for guests? 'There are many other public lounges you can sit in' I can only imagine this staff member didn't realise we had just been guests who had just checked out...

But I guess that's the point.. For the room price you expect an extreme level of service which isn't quite there yet.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Flashpacking40

Dear Nina,

Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us. We have a tremendous amount of pride in the restoration of these beautiful buildings and we are so pleased you enjoyed this aspect of your stay.

Thank you also for sharing your feedback regarding the service in the lounge and restaurant. I am sorry the experience was not at our normal level, and I have shared your comments with our team so that we can be reminded of the standards we are striving to achieve.