Auckland City Hotel-Hobson St
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$112
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
Rydges Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$176
US$119
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$155
US$150
US$226
US$216
  • Restaurant
Pullman Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$133
  • Pool
Scenic Hotel Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$100
Hotel DeBrett(Auckland Central)
US$256
US$215
  • Breakfast included
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$131
US$178
US$124
Travelocity
1,054 results
All reviewsmalaysian restaurantsky towermustard seedhobson streetroom was cleanqueen streetnew zealandhomeless peopleper dayfree wifitwo blockswithin walking distancecentral locationmini fridgebooked this hotelauckland citysmall kitchenette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Check-in was efficient and rooms met our expectations. The shower had a hair in it so obviously needs some cleaning quality control. Everything else was good. Not located in the best part of town but I knew this when I booked. Generally happy for a one night stay and was good value.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Located on vegetal Auckland. Close to most general attractions. Few blocks far from sky tower and Queen St.
Clean rooms and friendly staff. We forgot to buy our SIM card and they offer cards for us... it was perfect and much appreciated as Easter long weekend everywhere was closed...

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is in a neighborhood that’s an easy walk to the Sky Tower, restaurants, Irish pubs, parks, art gallery, the theater, ferries.
My room had two twin beds, a closet with a safe, dining table and kitchen with plates, glasses and culinary items for my use. Inside the hotel, there is a restaurant and a gourmet coffee shop. The staff is friendly and attentive, they helped me place my bag in storage when I arrived in the morning before the 2:00 pm check in.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Veronica660
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed for one night in this four star hotel while transiting through Auckland. I chose it for its location.

I was deposited at the door by my airport taxi. I had to struggle up entrance steps with heavy bags as there was no one available to help. After checking in I had to do likewise to get to my 8th floor room. The hotel does not seem to employ anybody to actually assist guests with bags. Having said that the reception staff were nice enough. I subsequently learned that there was another access door not involving steps but you wouldn’t know this on arrival at the hotel entrance (especially as there was no assistance on offer) and I suspect one could leave this way but not enter. Disabled access is therefore poor.

The room was basic, clean and comfortable with kitchenette facilities. The views in both directions were depressing consisting of close proximity high rise residential blocks.

I had breakfast in the thoroughly depressing windowless “restaurant”. I can’t comment on the food. I only had cereal. The coffee was terrible. By far the worst I have experienced in New Zealand.

The hotel is situated about 1km from the Viaduct Harbour and also an easy distance from city centre shops and restaurants. It felt safe enough but that part of Hobson Street isn’t particularly pleasant.

Perhaps you need to go to a five star establishment to get assistance with luggage, decent coffee and a decent ambience.

Good points: efficient lifts. Comfortable bed. Kitchenette facilitates (if you need them). Location (but others are better). Price fairly reasonable.

Negatives: the rest

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for two nights at the start of our trip of New Zealand. The staff were lovely and very accommodating however I wouldn’t call it a restful stay which is what we needed after travelling from the UK. We were woken up at 2am on the first night and 4am and 5am on the second night on the second night by residents coming and going leading to some serious sleep deprivation! The location is perfect in terms of locality to the centre however the area was somewhat ‘dodgy’ just down the road from a shelter for the homeless. This didn’t cause us any major issues but could be an issue for some people. Overall it did the job but could have been better.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple