1,204 results
All reviews malaysian restaurant sky tower mustard seed hobson street room was clean queen street homeless people new zealand per day free wifi central location within walking distance booked this hotel small kitchenette auckland city min walk reception staff
Reviewed April 2, 2018

Check-in was efficient and rooms met our expectations. The shower had a hair in it so obviously needs some cleaning quality control. Everything else was good. Not located in the best part of town but I knew this when I booked. Generally happy for a one night stay and was good value.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Located on vegetal Auckland. Close to most general attractions. Few blocks far from sky tower and Queen St.
Clean rooms and friendly staff. We forgot to buy our SIM card and they offer cards for us... it was perfect and much appreciated as Easter long weekend everywhere was closed...

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed March 30, 2018

The hotel is in a neighborhood that’s an easy walk to the Sky Tower, restaurants, Irish pubs, parks, art gallery, the theater, ferries.
My room had two twin beds, a closet with a safe, dining table and kitchen with plates, glasses and culinary items for my use. Inside the hotel, there is a restaurant and a gourmet coffee shop. The staff is friendly and attentive, they helped me place my bag in storage when I arrived in the morning before the 2:00 pm check in.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Veronica H
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

I stayed for one night in this four star hotel while transiting through Auckland. I chose it for its location.

I was deposited at the door by my airport taxi. I had to struggle up entrance steps with heavy bags as there was no one available to help. After checking in I had to do likewise to get to my 8th floor room. The hotel does not seem to employ anybody to actually assist guests with bags. Having said that the reception staff were nice enough. I subsequently learned that there was another access door not involving steps but you wouldn’t know this on arrival at the hotel entrance (especially as there was no assistance on offer) and I suspect one could leave this way but not enter. Disabled access is therefore poor.

The room was basic, clean and comfortable with kitchenette facilities. The views in both directions were depressing consisting of close proximity high rise residential blocks.

I had breakfast in the thoroughly depressing windowless “restaurant”. I can’t comment on the food. I only had cereal. The coffee was terrible. By far the worst I have experienced in New Zealand.

The hotel is situated about 1km from the Viaduct Harbour and also an easy distance from city centre shops and restaurants. It felt safe enough but that part of Hobson Street isn’t particularly pleasant.

Perhaps you need to go to a five star establishment to get assistance with luggage, decent coffee and a decent ambience.

Good points: efficient lifts. Comfortable bed. Kitchenette facilitates (if you need them). Location (but others are better). Price fairly reasonable.

Negatives: the rest

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights at the start of our trip of New Zealand. The staff were lovely and very accommodating however I wouldn’t call it a restful stay which is what we needed after travelling from the UK. We were woken up at 2am on the first night and 4am and 5am on the second night on the second night by residents coming and going leading to some serious sleep deprivation! The location is perfect in terms of locality to the centre however the area was somewhat ‘dodgy’ just down the road from a shelter for the homeless. This didn’t cause us any major issues but could be an issue for some people. Overall it did the job but could have been better.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple