1,841 results
All reviews vector arena bedroom apartment beach road great location countdown supermarket washing machine queen street water front car park main bedroom good size nice breakfast great apartment full kitchen short walk ferry terminal laundry facilities
Reviewed November 5, 2018

Nice enough accommodation, no frills. My partner had a serious flu; due to a mixup (on my part) we had to change rooms and I had to practically beg the front desk to let him stay in one room until the other was ready. Some of the front desk staff were nice; others were cold. We also had lots of problems with the wifi. Don't think I would go back, but maybe I just had a bad experience.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WaldorfApartments, General Manager at Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear ChelseaNow,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Having noted your review, please accept my sincere apologies for not providing you with a memorable experience whilst in Auckland. Given it’s difficult to identify you from the response on TripAdvisor, should you wish to discuss this matter in further detail, may I encourage you to contact me directly on stadiumgm@waldorf.co.nz

Once again, thank you for sharing your review. We look forward to having the opportunity to connect.

Reviewed November 1, 2018

This place was good to stay at. Apartments were clean and modern with good location.

However, the staff couldn’t help a group of us that included underage people to find dinner mid week as only 18+ bars were open. The TV for the main living space was tiny approx 28” which was hard to watch as a family.

The main issue is the parking. I was given very poor directions to parking garage, after driving around I finally found it came inside to be told by different staff member I should have taken a parking card (as I had paid for it) and given a map to car park - bit late...

The parking car didn’t work and I was made to feel like a complete idiot trying to get it to work. Staff at the parking garage that were there for an event couldn’t even get it to work. I continued to have to pay even more for parking just to get my car out on time for my scheduled events in Auckland. In the end I paid $28 per night for parking to the Waldorf then it cost me another $40 per night at the parking garage... such a rip off of money!

In the end a different staff member (who actually had some common sense and decency) fixed the card, apologised for her incompetent co-workers, and refunded a portion of the parking for me. However was a bit late as had already been late for three days of events in Auckland.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear BreaBax,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us. Your feedback is highly valued and will be used constructively to maintain and improve, where necessary, our standards of service and facilities.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with te parking. Your feedback regarding your stay with us by no means reflects the high standard of quality and service that Waldorf is usually proud to offer. I confirm that I have investigated your comments in a serious light and taken action to rectify the shortcomings.

We look forward to welcoming back again.

Reviewed October 17, 2018

Great location for Spark Arena, 2 minutes walk. 2 minutes walk to Countdown Supermarket and close cafes, and 15 mins walk to Queens street .. awesome studio apartment, Kitchen so you are able to cook your own meals if you wish. Dishwasher and washing machine. We will be keen to stay again. Lovely and clean. Heatpump/aircon.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

This is a really mixed review to be honest and sometimes it’s the small things that make that extra star in rating

Positives
Upgraded to two bed apartment on arrival.
Apartment is very high spec, very large, very clean and really nice.
Located about 10 min walk from centre and harbour.
Eateries and shops really near.
Has washer and drier in apartment!

Negatives
Reason for upgrade, on 2nd floor and couldn’t sleep in double room as so noisy from road out front, having to sleep in twin room.
Three clocks in apartment all different times, we’re from uk so I don’t know what day of week it is so clocks all over place just confuses me even more.
No shower gel in shower, asked for it to be filled when room service was on next apartment, didn’t happen.
Was left some toilet complimentary items, a shoe shine and shower cap but no shampoo or body lotion why a shoe shine
Tv doesn’t have all channels advertised and magazine out of date.

For the money this cost I’m disappointed but as I say it’s the small things that let it down as really nice apartments!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WaldorfApartments, General Manager at Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Dear Turner022,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. Your feedback regarding your stay with us by no means reflects the high standard of quality and service that Waldorf is usually proud to offer. I confirm that I have investigated your comments in a serious light and taken action to rectify the shortcomings.

We look forward to welcoming back again.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

The original room offered was on the GF next to the reception area-it was tiny-complained and was moved to a higher floor. Room size much better, however linen on bed and quilt was dirty and badly stained and bathroom towels were past their sell by date-ie not white-A disappointing experience throughout.i .

Date of stay: September 2018
2  Thank keithe585

Dear Keithe585

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.