“Expensive but good”
Review of Hilton Auckland

Hilton Auckland
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Checked into the Hilton Auckland and was assigned a room at 3pm. The room would have been great other than a cruise ship about 10 metres from our window for 2 days. We paid over $600 a night for that. We were not happy. The 3rd night was lovely as we could see the water and harbour and not randoms on a boat. all staff are great, the rooms are lovely and comfortable, excellent location. we had dinner at Fish and recommend that. Nothing to complain about except the price and the view for 2 days. They should give you a discount or free something to compensate the fact that they sold you a harbour view room only to look at a cruise ship.

Room Tip: one not facing the harbour if cruise ship is expected
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
HIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Kia Ora Diane B

Thank you for sharing a review on TripAdvisor following your stay. I am very sorry for the inconvenience and disturbance when a cruise ship docked beside the hotel. We certainly do endeavour to inform all of our guests prior to arrival when there will be cruise ships in port. Unfortunately, this is sometimes not possible given the booking channel used and the availability of contact details at time of reservation.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland and I hope that we may have another opportunity to welcome you back on future travels should you be returning to the 'City of Sails'.

Kind regards, Adrian Teh.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,435)

Reviewed 8 December 2017

The hotel is pretty nicely located, with a great view over the Harbour and next to all convenient downtown site.
The rooms are very nice and clean, modern and offer all facilities.
The reception team is very professional and efficient.
The restaurant is overpriced and the food is not as good as it sounds when reading the critics.
I recommend you select other restaurant by the port.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
HIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Kia Ora Stephane V

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel's stunning waterfront location on Princes Wharf in the CBD, set amidst the spectacular Waitemata Harbour.

I apologize that not all areas of your stay on this occasion appear to have met with your expectation. Your feedback is certainly taken onboard in the constructive manner intended and will be reviewed with the team.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland and I hope we may see you back on future travels.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Great location to enjoy the boats departing the dock. Quiet despite the location. Staff were nice and accommodating. Only complaint is they had wine and stuffed animal above the mini bar, which made them appear free yet thankfully we asked as they were part of mini bar. Felt that was disingenuous. Otherwise, lovely hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
HIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Kia Ora Worldismyoyster1070

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following you recent stay. It was a pleasure to be of service to you and I am delighted that your experience at Hilton Auckland met with your expectation on this occasion.

The hotel certainly does boast a unique waterfront location, sitting 300 metres out to sea on Princes Wharf, commanding some of the best views in the 'City of Sails'.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Forget this joint if you wanted to receive anything more than 1 star service.
I am writing this review because despite being out for nine hours from 8am to 5pm and paying $450 for the use of a room, I DO NOT HaVE ACCESS TO THAT ROOM because the room has not been serviced, because they were 'too busy'. Yes $450 does not allow them to employ enough cleaners at $20 per hour to clean my small, unspectacular room with no view.
When I raised my concern I was offered a drink voucher.....am I on a Contiki Tour in the '80's.

What a joke, forget this place. I have been here 4 times this year, and it has never been a satisfactory stay. Over priced and Arrogant mid level staff.
The doorman and concierge are nice and helpful but you can't help but fel they are also embarrassed.

NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else do your wallet and your blood pressure a favour
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
HIAKL, Operations Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Kia Ora C6005TWmichael

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland and on this occasion, please accept my sincere apologies for the frustrations you have endured during your time with us.

It was a pleasure to meet with you today at the hotel to listen and discuss your concerns. I completely understand the inconvenience caused and the fact that it marred your overall experience at Hilton Auckland. Equally, I have personally spoken with the team to ensure we learn from this experience.

It would be a pleasure to have another opportunity to welcome you back to our waterfront hotel on Princes Wharf, should you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Kind regards, Shiju Oommen.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton for one night before boarding a cruise ship. We arrived at 10am and they were very kind to give us our room was a corner unit with a great very of the harbor. The concierge service was excellent. We enjoyed the breakfast very much. We had dinner at their restaurant Fish which was good but we felt that the menu was limited.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Kia Ora betonic

It was a pleasure to have you with us prior to your cruise ship holiday and I trust you had a wonderful trip.

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor; it assists me to understand where we do well and where we are able to improve.

I am delighted you enjoyed the majestic Waitemata Harbour views from your guest room and took the time to relax in the ambiance of FISH restaurant.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

As always our stay here at the Hilton Auckland was phenomenal! The staff are all very pleasant and are always ready to make your stay fantastic.
All staff we have been in contact with, Valet, Concierge, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage have all been very nice, big smiles and are just awesome!
We recommend everyone to this Hotel for sure.
Another amazing stay to remember, Thank you Hilton Auckland Team, keep up the awesome work! Your brilliant Ambassadors for New Zealand and the Hilton!
Breakfast is awesome too! My favorite is the shot glasses with the banana shake! Yum!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Kia Ora JamesinWaikele

Thank you for sharing on TripAdvisor your positive and complimentary feedback. It was a pleasure to welcome you back to Hilton Auckland on Princes Wharf and I am glad the team took good care of you and you had another memorable experience.

I hope we may see you back on future travels and thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

We were checking out this area and decided to stop for lunch. The food was amazing! I had asparagus soup and it was the best soup I have ever had! The hubby had the chicken and loved that too. A great location and exceptional service. Thoroughly recommend it!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
HIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Kia Ora Cruiserkids

Thank you for sharing a review on TripAdvisor following your lunch experience in FISH restaurant at Hilton Auckland.

It is great to read your feedback and I am delighted you enjoyed the cuisine and spectacular harbour views on offer.

Thanks for recommending and I hope we may see you back again at Hilton Auckland.