2,760 results
All reviews the executive lounge steam room albert park five star hotel valet parking queen street steep hill room service buffet breakfast an upgrade new zealand harbour view vector arena sky tower spa auckland accor
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

I’m told this is a 5 star hotel but I would be inclined to give it 3 unless the rating is out of 10 and then I would be in agreement with 5. The hotel facilities are faultless, pool, spa, sauna, restaurant, bar etc, but the rooms are quite average. Clean, comfortable yes, but that’s what you expect from a hotel. The bed nearest the door in Room 331 is infinitely more comfortable than the others in rooms 329 and 331 combined, they should all be like this one! On the night we stayed the people in the room across the corridor were having a very noisy party but we still managed to sleep. If it’s good enough for Emirates crew, it’s good enough for me!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
PullmanAucklandHotel, Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Kia Ora Nadia A

Thank you for taking the time to review Pullman Auckland, especially your positive comments about the faultless facilities and our clean and comfortable rooms.
I am sorry that one bed in the room was more comfortable then the other, and I have asked my Executive Housekeeper to investigate further.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 19, 2018

No complains in this hotel where everything is done to do the guest happiest.
Congratulations to recognize so well a club accor gold member.
Very big and nice room , very nice welcome from all the staff.
I can say that Pullman in AKL is one of the best with a nice swimming pool.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Kia Ora fabriciodd

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel, we truly appreciate it. I am so glad that you received a very nice welcome and your enjoyed our swimming pool.
Thank you for your loyalty, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

We had an absolutely fabulous stay at the Pullman. Friendly staff, lovely rooms and great location. We were really impressed with the positive and sincere customer service skills we received from all staff we dealt with. Breakfast in the morning was incredibly busy and some things ran out, but the staff were very approachable and refilled items pretty quickly. The beds and pillows are really comfy which was great!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PullmanAucklandHotel, Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

Kia Ora Liddy_12

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a glowing review of our hotel, I truly appreciate it as does my fantastic team. We pride ourselves on 5 star service so it is great that you encountered such friendly staff and clean rooms during your stay.

Glad that you enjoyed your time with us.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Director of Rooms

Reviewed July 15, 2018

Spend one night there with my family. Warm welcome as we parked at the front entrance. Valet parking was a nice surprise. So was the little teddy bear for our daughter, she keeps him until now. Room was spacious and clean, so was the bathroom. Nice spa/pool area which our daughter loved. Food in the restaurant was lovely, tasty and nicely presented. A lot of choice for breakfast in the morning. I definitely recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a high quality service.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Kia Ora PolakMaly

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our hotel. I am so glad that you received such a warm welcome on arrival and you little daughter was looked after by the team. Our aim is to make each guests stay both enjoyable and memorable and it appears that we achieved both for you during your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you and the family back again to the hotel in the future.

Director of Rooms

Reviewed July 13, 2018

I have stayed at the Pullman on many occasions, and have always enjoyed my stays and have dined in the restaurant and enjoyed those times too. Except for the last visit... over a year ago, and it has made me avoid the Pullman ever since. The restaurant experience was decidedly underwhelming last time we went. It had a guy running the place like a chook with his head cut off. First we were told we couldn't have a table for two, despite there being 11 empty tables. We were told they were reserved. We said can we be quick? After some debate he reluctantly let us take a seat at tables next to the kitchen. Taking our order was painful. Getting a drink was also difficult. There were staff wandering around empty handed and aimlessly while dirty empty tables remained uncleared all around us. The guy in charge was literally running bar snacks across to the bar every five minutes while rest of his staff did very little. When the food EVENTUALLY came, it was pretty inedible and unpleasant. Nothing like the superb dining we had there before. My friend waited almost forty minutes before anyone would take a drink order for a second glass of wine. We really did not enjoy the meal and could not finish it. How wrong can a steak be? Appalling. It took over an hour to get our mains. My friend had soup first and she had to wait for 10 minutes to be given a spoon. We were so frustrated by the bad service and average food that we immediately complained at the front desk who were good enough to wipe the cost of the meal that took about 2 hours all up. (without dessert). They offered me a free dessert and my friend a port... but we did not want to return to the restaurant so they offered to send it up for room service. We enjoyed those. I have never been as infuriated with waiting staff in my life. I generally think all restaurant staff should be treated very well as there is no need to be nasty to anyone, but oh my god the night was supposed to be a treat and was a thunderously awful night. Thank you to the Pullman Hotel for comping the terrible meal... but the horrible service remains with me and has made me avoid the hotel ever since. Would like to return but I don't know whether it has changed back to a great restaurant or whether the clown in charge is still creating mayhem and chaos and alienating diners daily.

Room tip: Eat elsewhere perhaps... unless they have lifted their game again.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Kia Ora snakefang

Thank you for taking the time to review Pullman Auckland.
You have missed so many changes in the last 12 months!! We have had a several changes in our leadership team since you last dined with us.
Sean Slattery is our Director of Food and Beverage and should you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact him directly at s.slattery@pullmanauckland.co.nz