All reviews shared facilities laundry service budget hotel queen street quiet at night private room central location new zealand sky tower car park ensuite auckland city concert twin kettle arena
Reviewed October 30, 2018

This is a convenient place to stay, as we did for 6 nights.
The staff is nice and the hostel is cleaned every day which make us feel good.
In addition, a kitchen fully furnished is available what is convenient to cook your own food.

Date of stay: October 2018
jucylucy_11, Guest Relations Manager at Jucy Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Hi Florent,

Thank you so much for the review! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and made use of our common area and kitchen.

We hope to see you again soon during your next Auckland adventure!

Reviewed October 28, 2018

This place is my chosen hotel (and last stayed in October of 2014), and even though the location has two hills on either side this makes for a good incline cardio walk and I think the location is prime.
It's very close to the ferry terminal which is very convenient if you want to do any day trips to any of the nearby islands and is only about a ten minute walk from Jucy.

You are also going to be very close to Queen Street (which is like the main street for most of the restaurants and shops and goes pretty far up).

Also, if you're going to visit other parts of North Island by bus, the Intercity bus terminal is not far and only 1 street up from the Sky Tower, which is only about an 8 minute drive from this hotel.

Finally, but most importantly to me, there's a Countdown (and is the name of a local supermarket chain) only about a 10 minute walk down the hill from the hotel so it's great for when you want to stock up on food and not have to go too far to get it.

To the hotel though, it's quite decent if you're looking for something fairly inexpensive. The bathrooms and showers are shared as well as the kitchen.
Be aware though, that if you're on a big time change difference like I was, you'll have to adjust when you want to eat as the kitchen is only open until 10pm each night.

The staff was very helpful in getting information about nearby things to see and in fact, one of the girls who was working at reception there during my last trip, was still there and she even recognized me from 4 years ago! (although I will say I recognized her as well).

In summary, when it comes to location, ease of access to nearby sites, restaurants or shops, and an inexpensive stay, I think this is one of the better choices to go with.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
jucylucy_11, Guest Relations Manager at Jucy Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2018

Hi Jeff,

Thanks so much for your glowing review! It's awesome to hear that we're your chosen hotel in Auckland due to our convenient location and affordable price. We're so happy to hear that our front of house staff could assist you during your stay and recognized you from your last trip!

We hope to see you again soon during your next Auckland Adventure!

Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

I've stayed at Jucy snooze Auckland twice travelling from Sydney.I recommend it for short stays. A single room is the perfect base to keep you comfortable. Clean basic facilities for all your needs. Accommodation in Auckland city can be very expensive so if you want to save your extra $ for adventures this is the place to stay. I recommend staying here in off peak season as it's reasonably quiet.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Jasmine,

Thanks so much for the review! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our awesome location, along with the affordable price.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Jucy Snooze after I arrived in Auckland relatively late one night. We had no trouble finding parking on the street (and could have paid $15 to stay in the Jucy car park if needed). Check in was easy and the staff were friendly.

Our room was much bigger than I was expecting, especially for the price! It was clean and we had a large en-suite, complete with large fluffy towels and a great shower. My only criticism is that there wasn’t a shelf in the shower on which to put the soap, which was a minor inconvenience all things considered.

The bed was really comfortable and there were extra blankets if needed. The only thing is that the colour scheme is exactly what you’d expect - lime green and purple. It’s fun but worth keeping in mind if you’re anticipating waking up with a hangover!

Overall, we had a very comfortable stay and it exceeded my expectations for a budget hotel in the city centre. I’ll absolutely keep it in mind for future trips!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
jucylucy_11, Guest Relations Manager at Jucy Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2018

Hi Maddie,

Thank you for the glowing review! It's awesome to hear that you enjoyed your stay, found the location convenient and our customer service top notch. I'll make a note of your feedback regarding a shelf in the shower and will pass this onto our operations manager to look into.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again during your next Auckland adventure!

Reviewed October 20, 2018

The jumping point is you can only reach Snooze after climbing the very steep streets of Emily. Take skybus stop 11
Friendly staff. Good bed and pillow. Thick towel. Clean room and bathroom. The luxaflex hasn’t been cleaned for a while, at least not in rooms g01 and 104.
Knowing that there are no shops in the neighbourhood without climbing the streets, it can be handy to have some grocerees with you. There is a compleet kitchen you can use. Skybus 18 $, Airport taxi service for 40 $.

Trip type: Travelled solo
jucylucy_11, Guest Relations Manager at Jucy Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Hi Ronald,

Thanks so much for the review! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our friendly customer service. Thank you for the feedback regarding the luxaflex - we really appreciate it. I have passed this onto our hotel manager as our housekeeping team is usually very thorough.

We hope to see you again soon during your next Auckland adventure!