All reviews top floor vue restaurant great location customs street spacious shower ocean view street shopping skybus stop accor member sky bus junior suite rooftop bar nice hotel sky tower queen street the bed was super comfortable walking distance
Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

Great location in the center of the city, right next door to the train station for easy access to Eden Park.
Rooms quite small but has everything you need, clean and quiet (7th floor facing the city).
Staff efficient and friendly.
Has a nice bar/restaurant on the top floor with nice views out to the water.
Breakfast pretty standard for big NZ Hotels.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank hongkongtravelman
Mercure A, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Mercure Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2018

Dear hongkongtravelman,

Thank you very much for you feedback and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. It is fantastic to read that our strategic location was very convenient for your Auckland's stay and that you took advantage of it, we are very fortunate to be in the heart of city and we love sharing it with our valuable guests.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the quietness of our guest room and its facilities, we do offer many rooms type in size and location,please for your next stay with us do not hesitate to contact our Reservation Team- they will be more than happy to assist you
and suggest you a room which will better suite your needs.

Once again, thank you for choosing us and for your precious time, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

Spending 2 nights - Great location, Convenience to transit, transfer and commute.

Skybus Dropoff and Take at bus station in front of Hotel.

Bed is perfect. A Quiet room where you can sleep well.

Our room is 1006 near elevator and city view. No noise disturb. Look over view of Queens street intersection.

Toilet and Shower room with no . No a problem. All amenities are complete including hair dryer.
Hot water is working well, but the toilet room is no lock at slide door.

Room size is good for 2 with our 2 luggages fit enough on the space.

TV is brand new, we can watch NBA final here.

Check in, Check out is quick and smooth.

Rooftop bar in Morning view is incredible.

Dear stubbornbkkgirl,

Thank you for choosing us and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in Auckland and made use of our convenient location in the heart of the city, I am particularly pleased to read that your stay was not affected by any noise and that you enjoyed the quietness of our guest room!
I must agree on the views from our Vue restaurant, we have the best placement in the city, and there is nothing better than starting the day with the view of the Waitemata Harbour.

Once again, thank you for your precious time and please come back to stay with us if your travels bring you back to this unique city!

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

The grand mecure is an amazing hotel the staff are super friendly they couldn't do enough for us. They made our stay in aukland a real pleasure. The rooms are lovely and clean and the bed was super comfortable. Would recommend it.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Mercure A, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Mercure Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2018

Dear bunburygirl,

Thank you so much for awarding us with this five star review and for choosing us!
We certainly pride ourselves on our dedicated team of story tellers and I will make sure to share with them your kind words.
I am so pleased to read as well that you enjoyed our guest room and our comfortable beds.
I hope other travelers will read your feedback and make us as their next destinations!

Once again, thank you for your precious time and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Admittedly it was an all blacks game night and this hotel is close to Britomart train station but I would have expected double or Triple glazing even on the 5th floor the noise from the street below kicked us up all night it's a lovely hotel but I won't be staying again due to the noise and the noise of the doors slamming down the halls

Dear Ingrid c,

I am terribly sorry to hear about the noise you experienced during your stay, please accept my apologies. I will be sure to pass onto the senior Management team your concerns. Your points have been taken on board and your feedback will be discussed further moving forward.

We do hope to have another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed June 7, 2018

The hotel has a great location and the staff were friendly but the Saturday night there I got no sleep from the nightclub that went to 4am in the morning which felt like it was directly under me. For this alone it doesnt matter how great anything else was I wont stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank fi0naw99

Dear fi0naw99,

Thank you for your feedback and fro choosing us.
I am delighted to hear that our central location was a highlight of your stay with us and that our dedicated team of story tellers were very friendly and well looked after you.I will make sure to share with them your kind words.
Please accept my apologies for the noise you experienced during your stay, please be rested assured that your feedback will be passed to the senior Management.

We do hope to have another opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Warm Regards,