All reviews top floor vue restaurant great location customs street ocean view skybus stop sky bus accor member junior suite airport stops nice hotel queen street harbour side nespresso machine shopping and restaurants walking distance valet parking
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Handily placed near shopping, road rail and sea transport, the harbour with its cruises and ferries and the stadium for all the events and big indoor games, as well as the Tennis centre for the new year tournaments The ideal hotel for so many options . Nicely refurbished.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank brrealty2
MercureA1, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Mercure Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Kia Ora brrealty2,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and for choosing our Home.
It is fantastic to read that you had an amazing experience with us and that you took advantage of our unbeatable location, within walking distance to so many attractions in the city!

Please come back to stay with us again if your travels bring you back to Auckland.

Reviewed November 7, 2018

I arrived from the UK jet lagged, wanting a quiet room. I'd originally been allocated a room on the second floor but Steven on reception managed to juggle bookings to put me in a room on the 9th floor 906, which was as quiet as anyone could expect in the centre of the city. While I had to wait about 40 minutes for the room to be ready I was given a free drink in the cue restaurant on the 13th floor which had lovely views of the harbour. I wouldn't necessarily recommend the breakfast, expensive and not much choice for those not wanting a cooked breakfast, plus things were not replenished when they ran out but for me it was the exceptional staff who made this a five star review. Particularly Steven on reception and Natasha in the vue restaurant. I was feeling ill and a long way from home and Natasha was genuinely caring and looked after me really well, spending time talking to me and suggesting trips I could take etc. She made me feel really welcome and very much at home. It's this kind of attention and customer care that makes a huge difference to the way customers feel. My room was lovely, the bed was really comfy and although I never met her, Na, who was the housekeeper for my room left me plenty of tea and extra milk etc. Ithe hotel is situated two minutes away from the ferry terminal where you can get trips out, a favourite of mine was to Devonport, great village feel and very friendly.

Room tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank A C

Dear A C,

Thank you very much for the lovely feedback and for choosing our Home.
I am so pleased to read that our dedicated team of story tellers were so warm and made you feel so welcome, they are very passionate about their job and I will be sure to share with the entire team, in particularly with Na , Natasha and Steven your words full of kindness.
I am delighted to read that your time with us was so outstanding as providing our guests with an excellent experience is very important to us.

Once again, thank you for your precious time, my team and I look forward for your return.

Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

The Vue restaurant is on the top floor of the Grand Mercure hotel in the city centre. The view over the harbour is lovely and the food is great. Good choice of local foodstuffs but the presentation and taste are brilliant. If you can get the corner table as it’s a great spot to dine and watch the world go by silently. It’s not cheap but more mid range but well worth it. There’s a nice bar beside the restaurant if you are early or fancy another drink or two afterwards in lovely surroundings.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Kia Ora mik w,

Thank you for the amazing review of our Home , we loved your feedback!

I am so glad to read that you enjoyed the food and the amazing views of the Waitemata Harbour from Vue restaurant, we are very fortunate to work in a such beautiful place.

Please come back to stay with us again if your travels bring you back to Auckland!

Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I loved our stay at Grand Mercure in Auckland. The location is perfect. The restaurant was lovely and had great views. Amazing service! Everything was perfect about our holiday there. The staff assisted us with anything we needed. All of the facilities were perfect condition and very clean. Will definitely stay again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Kia Ora kkfaus,

Thank you very much for your amazing feedback, we loved it!
I am so pleased to read that you and your partner had an amazing experience with us and that our dedicated team of story tellers well looked after you! I will be sure to share your kind words with them.

Reviewed November 5, 2018

Great central location in Auckland at mid point between viaduct basin and the laneways.Staff were all great and the room seemed fairly newly refurbished. Bed was super comfy and almost to warm.Breakfast is on the top floor with an awesome view out over the harbor area and while breakfast was OK it certainly didnt wow me. You could order an omelette, and you should as its better than the scrambled eggs, but it seemed to take quite a while to arrive. Coffee was good and all the breakfast peripherals were good like juicers, yoghurt, fruit etc. They really need to work on the quality of their hot breakfast.Overall though the stay was good and I would stay here again

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Kia Ora Ben B,

Thank you so much for such an amazing 5 star review and for all of your praises and details of your stay!
I am so pleased to read that our central location, right in the heart of this vibrant city, was the highlight of your time with us.

Regarding our buffet Breakfast, you made some excellent suggestions for improvement which will take into serious considerations.

Please come back to stay wit us again if your travels bring you back to Auckland.