Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in Dec 2011. Booked via booking.com for 79 NZD per night (single ensuite). I originally wanted to move to another accommodation but I failed to notice the fine print that they will charge 1 night immediately upon booking. It’s okay for the price, but most likely will stay in another place if I ever visit Auckland again.
• Relatively clean. Renovated bathroom.
• Room size is small but still manageable.
• Bright room – have window both in the bedroom and bathroom.
• They provide small TV, water kettle, towel.
• Location – it’s true that it’s a bit of long stroll to the heart of city. But still manageable. The airport bus also stopped in front of the hotel. It is not so “uphill” like what other reviews were mentioning, it’s just a bit incline; not like climbing a mountain or anything
• Very old rickety elevator that gives you a big bump every time it stopped (as if it about to collapsed). I ended up taking the stairs half of the time. I was even tempted to ask the reception whether the building used to be a hospital or something, because the hallway sure looks like one with the white swing doors and everything.
• No holder in the shower cubicle, so I need to place my soap & shampoo outside the shower cubicle – which is a bit awkward although manageable.
• No air con (but this is typical in NZ), so you need to open the windows. But then you’ll hear street noises a bit. I can still sleep though.
• What really bothers me about this property is if someone said something that is not favoring the hotel in any way in tripadvisor, the hotel representative tends to give comment back in a very defensive tone (what happened to freedom of speech?) It is their rights to clarify few things, but it’s just the defensiveness that rang the alarms for me. For me it showed negative character which will make me very worried in case there’s any issue to be discussed with the hotel (i.e. differences in bill, missing booking, etc).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located on Auckland's Queen Street, we offer friendly & affordable accommodation in the heart of New Zealand's largest city. With free amenities such as wi-fi, luggage storage and 24/7 reception our hotel is ideal for both individual travelers and groups seeking location and value for money. All the city's major attractions are within walking distance and we are on the main bus stop routes for the Auckland City Link and Airport Skybus. With an onsite bar & restaurant and handy travel and information desk, the Kiwi International Hotel is perfect for the budget conscious traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Kiwi International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kiwi International Hotel Auckland, New Zealand