Kiwi International Hotel
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$156
Hilton Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$222
US$210
  • Restaurant
CityLife Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$130
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$96
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$91
Orbitz.com
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
Cordis, Auckland by Langham Hospitality Group(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$114
  • Restaurant
Quest Parnell(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$97
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Scenic Hotel Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$77
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
VR Auckland City(Auckland Central)
US$84
US$80
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$114
  • Room Service
All reviewssingle roomk roadtravel deskupper queen streetbasic hotelairport busplace to sleeprooms are smallwithin walking distancesky towertea and coffeeshort stayfirst stoppleasant staynew zealandconvenient locationcity centre
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is nothing like the pictures. Rooms are small, staff are unfriendly. Breakfast is terrible, i ordered scambled eggs from the alacarte menu and when they arrived half the meal was hot with the other half being ice cold (eggs and bacon), the waitresses were sitting having a private conversation when i called them over and they argued with me saying they watched them being cooked( impossible as they were chatting for at least 15 mins with other guests waiting). We travel to NZ quite regularly and will never return to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SharynLT
kiwihotel411, Guest Relations Manager at Kiwi International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Hi Sharyn

Thank you for your feedback regarding your hotel experience. We are sorry you had an adverse experience at our restaurant and we will certainly pass your comments on to our restaurant manager to assess their department practices. We hope you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay and thank you for your business.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 6 Nights was in Auckland for a Mates Wedding
The staff where all very helpful when ever I had a question
The Dinning room was good
I'm not a fan of Continental Breakfasts
So i ordered a cooked one everyday there a bit more expensive than I'm use to but not complaining was a good meat
Juice and (Machine) coffee was included in the price so that sort of made up for the cost
Had Dinner there 2 Nights and was Reasonably happy with it
The Pasta of the day was Lasagna and it was Tiny
I bought it up with the cook and she said it was managements choice
She gave me a free cider to make up for it so could be worse
The EnSuite Double Room is Cheap but very Old Dated and Drab
Gray Walls White Ceiling, a loo seat that didn't fit the loo, A little fan Heater cause the central heating doesn't work and No Aircon so would be uncomfortable in the warmer weather but they do provide a Fan and Windows that open
The TV was Tiny and Didn't pic up all the Channels and is Freeview Only no Pay TV Channels
The Carpets are all very old and worn
Was a Hose or Cable running from one end of the hall to the other was a real trip hazard
When I bought this up on the Tuesday when I checked in I was informed it was only temporary and would be gone by the end of the day 3 days later it was still there
As a smoker I don't have a issue with going outside but it would be nice if u could have a better smoking area a little bit more protected from the Wind
The cleaners where fantastic and would have serviced my room everyday if I had of wanted it so no complaints there
Having a Snack Machine on every floor would be better than having to go down to reception all the time
Oh on Friday and Sat nights they have a sign saying No Guests only Registered Guests and room keys will be checked
Um If I'm paying for a Double Room and I choose to invite a person back from a club for the night I'm sorry but that's my right as I'm paying for 2 People in a Double Room
That really put a huge dampener on my holiday In the Hundreds of hotels and Motels I say in as I travel for work I've Never Seen that before!!!
All in all it wasn't to Worst and by far wasn't the best hotel I've stayed in
It truly is a Mixture between a Hotel and a Hostel
Don't think I will stay there again

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Hi Yogi

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are glad you enjoyed some aspects of your stay. We will pass on your comments regarding the other aspects of your stay and see how we can improve our service based on this.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Kiwi International is more like a cross between a hotel and a hostel. Own room was small but the stay was cheap and had facilities ideal for the traveller such as laundry, tour bookings and breakfast and dinner if needed. I used the hotel as a base whilst exploring other parts of North Island (being so cheap I could afford to stay a night away from Auckland and leave my main luggage there). Internet intermittent and kept cutting out (web cafe nearby is better if you need to do any serious online activity). Breakfast cheap and sufficient (didn't try lunch or dinner). No en-suite so you will need to leave your room to go toilet or shower. Small basin in room for cleaning teeth and hand washing. Plenty of coffee and tea sachets were provided and topped up daily.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Hi there

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at our hotel. The hotel has a total of 122 rooms and we cater for the budget traveler. We have 40 Economy Wing budget rooms with shared bathroom facilities and 82 standard hotel suites with their own facilities. You can always browse the full selection of options to ensure you select the accommodation that suits your needs best.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

It's low budget but definitely worth every penny and more. It's clean, the environment is amiable and the accommodation is comfortable. We book a room for three people and it's definitely enough space and not at all cramped. The bathroom is clean, comfortable and although its outside and they gave you the key for it, but they provided you with a sink inside the room so it is still convenient. Good location, very near to many restaurant and bus station is just right in front of the hotel. Staff is very friendly, they even provided a booth if you want to book any tour to go anywhere in New Zealand. It is also helpful that they provided a space to store your backpack or luggage once you checked out in case you want to go anywhere else near before next journey. Overall great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
kiwihotel411, Guest Relations Manager at Kiwi International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Hi Mary

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. Please note we do have standard hotel rooms with their own ensuite and t.v, you just need to check what room type you would like to select when booking.
Best regards and we hope you enjoy your travels.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I've stayed here a couple of times - cheap and cheerful, you do get what you pay for. Check in staff are welcoming. There is good onsite parking. Used to be free but is charged now . Still cheaper than parking for most hotels though. Great prices for a nights stay. Comfortable room for the price, good shower. No heating in the room though. There was a clunky old radiator on the wall but damned if I could figure out how to use it and as it's been painted over I'm doubtful it even works. Probably not an issue in summer but in winter, particularly with your rattling windows, the rooms need better heating. Love the ground floor library area, I could have sat there all night reading. Overall good value.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
kiwihotel411, Guest Relations Manager at Kiwi International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Hi Nikki. Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. For future reference there is a portable heater in the cupboard if you need extra heating. Please be sure to contact the front desk if anything about your stay is less than satisfactory and our staff will be more than happy to help. We hope to see you again and welcome you back again anytime in the future. Best regards.