Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 21-07-30
Reserve now, pay at stay
Free cancellation until 21-07-31
ZenHotels.com
US$32
Hotels.comUS$36
Agoda.comUS$36
CheapTicketsUS$36
All reviews queen street k road single room basic hotel tea coffee sky bus short stay continental breakfast new zealand stayed here for nights central location ensuite auckland city accommodation skybus kettle
Selected filters
Reviewed November 15, 2020

We stayed at this Hotel for 3 nights. There was no air-con which made it difficult, but they provided a fan which was ok. Room was quite large and the bed and linen were clean and comfortable. Going upto the 3rd level was a bit tricky as you have to climb up to 2nd level and then walk down the corridor a long way and then climb up another level. Room ameniteis were standard and towels were nice. Restaurant was good and clean. Only on the last night (Friday) many drunken people came late between 3 and 5am and were banging doors and were very loud screaming and yelling. We had to call the reception and a guy went and dealt with them and it was manageable thereafter.

Date of stay: November 2020
Mckay Tharp, General Manager at Kiwi International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2021

Hi there

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay overall and received good value for money. We appreciate your patronage and your helpful feedback. We value the opportunity to improve the service we offer our guests.

Best Regards

Reviewed July 9, 2020 via mobile

We stayed two nights in a double en-suite and it was clean and functional with plentiful hot water and a little fridge and kettle. The decor is dated and a bit weary and it doesn’t win points on atmosphere. Staff were courteous and the central-ish location (top of Queen St) makes it a good value option if you can get a deal here.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SHG73
Mckay Tharp, General Manager at Kiwi International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2020

Hi there

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you had a good stay. We appreciate your business and your lovely feedback.

Best,

Reviewed July 9, 2020

My stay was booked for a date during Lockdown level 4. Obviously, I was not able to travel or stay anywhere at this time. When I rang to ask if I could please change the date of my stay to one later in the year instead, I was told I was not able to because I hadn't cancelled the accommodation a few days earlier. So I was charged the full amount even though it was impossible for me or any New Zealanders to stay there on that date. Not the 'kiwi' way! I was very disappointed with my contact to the reception staff and the manager, as I was not asking for a refund, just a change of date so I could stay outside of Lockdown. I will not look into this option of accommodation again because of their lack of help or understanding.

Date of stay: April 2020

Hi Sophie

As explained to you via the other various reviews you have left. You cancelled your booking after the check in date. Therefore you are not entitled to a refund as would be the case with any business anywhere.

Regards

Reviewed April 6, 2020

This is the second time my mum and I have stayed here, at the beginning of March 2020, when we first arrived in NZ and at the end of the month when Covid 19 meant we could not leave NZ.

We returned here because the staff are so welcoming, the rooms are spotless and the beds are comfortable.

During this period all staff have been helpful and accommodating to requests, the restaurant continued providing food (which is excellent btw) and provided room service delivery of meals.

We have explored every park within a 5 mile radius and it's a beautiful place, the marina is a mile away...straight down the hill.

I personally cannot praise this little hotel enough for continuing to stay open during this time and for the staffs commitment to their guests.

Thankyou.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Mckay Tharp, General Manager at Kiwi International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2020

Hi there

Thank you for taking the time to write a truly lovely review about our hotel. We are so honoured to have hosted you well and we'll be sure to pass your comments and feedback on to our hardworking team. We appreciate your patronage and business during this time and we wish you well.

Best Regards

Reviewed April 5, 2020

Room was basic but adequate. Very good value for location. Beds were comfortable and bathroom OK. Staff were friendly and helpful. Bit of a tiny strange lift so we used the stairs mainly to get to our room. We had electric jug, cups tea/ coffee, TV, fan, mirror and wardrobe in our room. Also a good opening window. The hotel was fairly quiet. We stayed 2 nights for a long weekend and to see a show at the Civic. Hotel was ideal location, only 10min walk to Civic theatre and about 20min walk down Queen St to waterfront. We used the sky bus from/ to airport. Bus stop to airport very close by but be aware bus stop from airport is a different one. The nearer bus stop is pickup only. But closest stop was still not too far away but you had to walk down steep hill then up again for 2 mins to get to hotel.
We had breakfast at hotel. Saturday was continental breakfast and Sunday a full cooked breakfast, both help yourself. A good range of breakfast food available and option to order off menu as well. Good free wifi in hotel.

Date of stay: February 2020
3  Thank jennifer82014

Hi Jennifer

Thank you for your great review of our hotel and facilities. We appreciate your helpful feedback and valued patronage.
Thank you for choosing Kiwi International.

Regards