Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 21-07-30
Reserve now, pay at stay
Free cancellation until 21-07-31
Trip.com
US$34
Free cancellation until 21-07-31
Hotels.comUS$36
Agoda.comUS$36
CheapTicketsUS$36
All reviews queen street k road single room basic hotel tea coffee sky bus short stay continental breakfast new zealand stayed here for nights central location ensuite auckland city accommodation skybus kettle
Selected filters
Reviewed February 24, 2021 via mobile

Stayed at this establishment it is an older hotel but the rooms are clean and comfortable.The staff are friendly and helpful.I really enjoyed my stay there. The staff whether they where FOH or cleaners couldnt have been anymore friendly and concerned for my stay. Well done guys

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2021 via mobile

This hotel has an excellent location!

My wife and youngest child stayed in this hotel for a night on 31 Dec 2020. We found our room very tidy and clean. The bathroom was very clean, too.

Staff members were very efficient and friendly. Thank you very much for making our stay a wonderful one. Our friends who stayed in their respective rooms also had similar good experiences.

We will be staying in this place again.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ricky88Rotorua
Mckay Tharp, General Manager at Kiwi International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2021

Kia ora Ricky

Thank you for sharing your lovely review with us and other guests. We are pleased to have hosted you and your group well, we value this feedback and will share it with our team. We appreciate your patronage.

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 15, 2020

We stayed at this Hotel for 3 nights. There was no air-con which made it difficult, but they provided a fan which was ok. Room was quite large and the bed and linen were clean and comfortable. Going upto the 3rd level was a bit tricky as you have to climb up to 2nd level and then walk down the corridor a long way and then climb up another level. Room ameniteis were standard and towels were nice. Restaurant was good and clean. Only on the last night (Friday) many drunken people came late between 3 and 5am and were banging doors and were very loud screaming and yelling. We had to call the reception and a guy went and dealt with them and it was manageable thereafter.

Date of stay: November 2020

Hi there

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay overall and received good value for money. We appreciate your patronage and your helpful feedback. We value the opportunity to improve the service we offer our guests.

Best Regards

Reviewed July 9, 2020 via mobile

We stayed two nights in a double en-suite and it was clean and functional with plentiful hot water and a little fridge and kettle. The decor is dated and a bit weary and it doesn’t win points on atmosphere. Staff were courteous and the central-ish location (top of Queen St) makes it a good value option if you can get a deal here.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SHG73
Mckay Tharp, General Manager at Kiwi International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2020

Hi there

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you had a good stay. We appreciate your business and your lovely feedback.

Best,

Reviewed July 9, 2020

My stay was booked for a date during Lockdown level 4. Obviously, I was not able to travel or stay anywhere at this time. When I rang to ask if I could please change the date of my stay to one later in the year instead, I was told I was not able to because I hadn't cancelled the accommodation a few days earlier. So I was charged the full amount even though it was impossible for me or any New Zealanders to stay there on that date. Not the 'kiwi' way! I was very disappointed with my contact to the reception staff and the manager, as I was not asking for a refund, just a change of date so I could stay outside of Lockdown. I will not look into this option of accommodation again because of their lack of help or understanding.

Date of stay: April 2020

Hi Sophie

As explained to you via the other various reviews you have left. You cancelled your booking after the check in date. Therefore you are not entitled to a refund as would be the case with any business anywhere.

Regards