“Extensive menu and top service.”

Joyful Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #1,580 of 2,481 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

When some friends suggested they take me to a restaurant where the chef has been awarded an International medal for cuisine it was a no brainer and a smart decision to take up their offer. The menu is extensive and every dish was excellent, even better its BYO so we took some superb whiskers to sample as well. I'm not going to write pages as the pictures speak for themselves. I suggest you book and eat ASAP. Great place for a group of friends. I could only load half the dishes we ordered

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Kim D

Reviewed March 6, 2018

We found a maggot in the wonton soup, my daughter showed me and I didn't believe it they have an A grade food rating, I guess we all make mistakes but I wont be going back, ever.

Date of visit: March 2018
2  Thank Robin255106
Reviewed April 1, 2017

Booked downstairs got upstairs...forgotten about and service slack.... eg 1 fork delivered for 4 people. Food nice. But atmosphere lacking. Not a place to return to anytime soon.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed December 28, 2016

We went for lunch on Christmas day and were the only ones there. The lady was very nice and we enjoyed chatting with her. The food was good, and we enjoyed fried noodles, a rice dish and a beef dish. and some tea. That was $92. Very pricey, especially compared to similar chinese food prices in the US

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed October 31, 2016

I had a lovely lemon chicken and rice with spring rolls. There was quite a wait for my takeaway and was disappointed to see at least 20 other dishes go past me to other diners.

Date of visit: September 2016