2,248 results
All reviews sky city hotel orbit restaurant busy hotel federal street valet parking central location new zealand room was large great room checking out the heart of the city mini bar buffet breakfast stayed one night queen street fortuna dicky
Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

The room was nice and the location at the center of the city is convenient. Unfortunately the lobby, halls and shared areas were full of cigarette smoke smell. Do not go to this hotel if you area non smoker.

Trip type: Travelled with family
AmyW3922, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Hi BigBUCKETList,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay with us here at SKYCITY Hotel, we really value your feedback!

I was glad to hear you liked your room but obviously disappointed that you encountered smoke in the lobby, hallways and common areas. All of these areas at SKYCITY Hotel are strictly non-smoking areas however we do get the occasional patron disregarding these rules and we are consistently monitoring this.

I hope we can welcome you back again and provide you with an enjoyable, smoke free experience.

Reviewed October 24, 2018

Room was a good size for 2 people, Staff were pleasant & room was clean.Good for couples, but i would be hesitant with a family. Plenty of restaurants but no Kitchen in your room. Good for mates & couples but not kids.

Room tip: Good for couples or friends looking to have a good time at the casino & restaurants.
Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi aaronp948,

Thank you for taking the time to review SKYCITY Hotel via TripAdvisor!

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit and found the room clean and of a good size.

We would love to welcome you back in the future.

Have a lovely day!

Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

Normally I stay in Skycity grand, but it was booked out for this trip.

Reception and the concierge were really nice and helpful.
I stayed in 139, which looks nice enough, but that’s where my enjoyment ended...
Disgustingly, the toilet paper looked like it had been dropped in liquid, it was wrinkled with a brownish stain and then placed on the roll holder.
It isn’t a quiet room, I was woken by some sort of hammering in the room above or adjacent from 5am (3am my local time), and could hear everything from the bathroom above.
The room is on a relatively low floor above a main road, so any car with loud music is very loud.
The large shower head also did not work.
Lastly, the aircon temp could be adjusted to 24, but it wouldn’t actually heat the room to above 22.5...

Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi Richard,

Firstly, thank you for reviewing SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor, we really appreciate receiving our guests' feedback!

I was disappointed to hear that you encountered several issues with your room during your stay. We aim to provide all our guests with a memorable experience so I apologise that we have missed the mark on this occasion. I am not aware of any construction work taking place during those times but I will be looking into this further as I agree that work should not be taken out that early in the morning.

I will also have our maintenance team look into the issues regarding the shower head and air conditioning unit in 139, which is one of our beautiful suites that you were complimentary upgraded to. I can assure you these issues will be remedied now that we are aware of them, so thank you for bringing these to our attention.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

We have stayed in this hotel for just one night.
The hotel is in excellent location close to many eateries , shopping and sight seeing .
The sky tower was in the same premises and so was the casino .
The rooms were a decent size and very modern.
I will easily recommend this hotel to friends and family

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi pankaj_maskara77,

Thank you so much for the lovely review of SKYCITY Hotel you have posted on TripAdvisor!

I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our rooms and location were to your liking.

Please do recommend us to your friends and family so that we may provide them with the same experience!

Have a fantastic day.

Reviewed October 23, 2018

The hotel was in a great location, and the room was clean & comfortable. We only spent our first night in New Zealand here, but the breakfast buffet at the hotel was the best of our entire 2 week trip. I would definitely stay here again!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AmyW3922, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2018

Hi allison22711,

Thank you for the awesome 5/5 rating and your kind words!

I am so happy to hear that the bed and room was to your liking and am thrilled that our breakfast offering was the best you experienced on your whole trip!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.