“Love the Burger Without The Buns”
Review of Burger Burger

Burger Burger
Ranked #82 of 2,460 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Dining options: After-hours
Description: We make simple, honest hamburgers, and a few things besides. We use fresh produce from local suppliers, because veggies don’t like road trips. We pour our own beer on tap, so you can keep some change for parking, and we keep crate bottles of Lion Red in the fridge, because big thirsts need big drinks. We serve half-bottles of wine, for when you’re parched, thrifty or indecisive, and we recommend Champagne with every burger, for the most delicious backwash you’ve ever tasted. We make old-fashioned shakes with organic milk, because chemicals aren’t refreshing, and we play music all night long, because silence is boring. We don't keep hungry people waiting. We've never wrecked anybody's overdraft. We'll never tell anybody to keep it down and we'll never stop anybody taking their burger home with them.
Reviewed April 26, 2018

Love the way they've reinvented the burgers giving you a choice of buns, kos lettuce and other choices as the outer container. More nutrition and less carbs too.

Reviewed April 26, 2018

Burger Burger is one of many specialty little eateries within the upmarket Ponsonby Central. The complex at large deals with a variety of cuisines, produce, bakeries and street food options. Burger Burger was certainly fairly basic and tight in physical layout, but this is entirely within keeping with the whole Ponsonby Central. The burgers were absolutely outstanding in quality, and patronage was very high during our time there. A really enjoyable and tasty treat.

Reviewed April 22, 2018

Firstly the customer service was not that great, just pretty average at the Newmarket branch,as there could have been a friendlier service with bigger smiles. I guess it was near closing time and the staff were just looking forward to going home. Now the burger I ordered was burnt black after I clearly had asked for it not to be burnt black. Some people just prefer the burger to be medium or well cooked but not burnt carginogenic black. I spent half my time picking out the black bits of the chicken and burger (maybe half the burger). Also for the price I paid I had expected the burger to be pretty big but ended up being served something pretty small which reminded me of the small burgers they served in Japan. Overall the quality and service was not great and could be improved.

Reviewed April 17, 2018 via mobile

I walked all the way here from my hotel near the wharf after reading about kiwi burgers and this place and I wasn’t disappointed.

I had numerous hamburgers with egg before but I had never had beetroot in one before – and wow, what a great addition!

Like any respectable burger joint, they asked me how I wanted my meat cooked and delivered – it was cooked and seasoned perfectly. The burger was bigger than I could handle so I ended up eating with a knife and fork (not sure if that’s typical of kiwi burgers). I ordered a side of potato skins too which were crispy on the outside and software inside and served with an aioli. All that was a lot of food for one person so I’d recommend sharing the side if you’re there with a guest and having a burger.

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

Milkshakes made with real ice cream were delicious! I had the chicken burger which was alright. My partner had the cheeseburger and had a piece of bone in his from the meat which looked like a tooth. We were trying to wave a staff member over but no one noticed and someone eventually came to ask how our meals were so we mentioned the bone and they gave us our curly fries free so that was nice. Second time I’ve been here and the burgers just offer something a little different and the atmosphere outside is nice. Love the subtle 50s style feel.