“Not worth the money”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The place itself looks nice. It has a nice atmosphere with good music playing. It felt like a little Italy in Auckland.

We had a table for 8 setup but only 6 of us made it and we felt squashed on this table.

The food was expensive for what you get. I got a carbonara which was $14 and an extra $3.5 for them to add chicken. I found this quite surprising since I thought chicken was a main part of this meal.

What I got was an ok sized portion that was pasta, bacon and cream. The only flavour came from the bacon. Everyone elses meal seemed disappointing. We got 3 pizzas and one salad.

There seemed to be more staff than there needed to be which has its own downsides of no one person taking responsibility for the table/diners. This place has a reputation for taking a long time for meals to come out. We found them to be ok.

I would not be returning.

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Went with family tonight. Our first restaurant choice was closed but thought this looked ok and thought we’d give it a try. Wish we hadn’t. My daughter ordered fish and chips only to be told that this wasn’t available. Then ordered a chicken burger, same response. Excuse was given that these items were only on the lunchtime menu although we were there after 6pm and those were the menus given to us with no explanation. Opted for a steak only to then be told that the fish and chips was actually available again. So all good.

Ordered lemonade for the kids, sparkling water came. Changed ok.

No kids menu. In this day and age???

I had prawn risotto, rice outnumbered the prawns about 3000:1 - honestly, 3 ex frozen prawns was all that the chef deemed enough to satisfy the description.

My wife had a steak which came with no seasoned wedges as per menu. Questioned the waitress who said it doesn’t come with wedges. When I paid the bill I looked at the menu and, to my surprise, it stated served with seasoned wedges. Mentioned this and the prawn shortage when paying but was met with a degree of indifference - ie couldn’t care less.

On the counter there is a newspaper review in a frame, giving it a pretty good review. Not sure how old that review was and maybe it was just a bad night but really disappointing. Maybe the newspaper needs to come back for an updated review but there are so many other better options in Auckland, why would they.

I guess the only good things were it was reasonably priced and the desserts were quite nice

Reviewed March 14, 2018

The hotel conceirige recommended this restuarant. There were eight in our party. The restaurant had no problem setting us. We did call and give them notice of our arrival.
The food was exceptional, wait staff knowledgeable and friendly. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed some great food and wine.
This was just around the block from the hotel. Take a moment to look this restaurant up if you are in Auckland.

Reviewed March 6, 2018

Convenient to Cordis Hotel where we were staying. Attractive decor; smiling, friendly, attentive servers; tasty, freshly prepared and nicely presented meals; and all at very reasonable prices. That's an equation for customer satisfaction!! And that we were!!

1  Thank jaybeeFL
Reviewed March 6, 2018

We could see this restaurant from our hotel window and decided to give it a try -. we were made most welcome - despite the restaurant being very busy. We must have liked it because we returned the following evening (when it was not quite as busy) to enjoy another great meal

Welcoming staff