“Friendly staff, great food, good value”
Review of Thai Chilli

Thai Chilli
Ranked #1,705 of 2,359 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Price range: US$14 - US$26
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located on ground floor PWC Tower 188 Quay Street (Lower Albert Street) Auckland city center, opposite Down Town Shopping center.
Reviewed 3 June 2016

I was there in mid-May. I'm a vegetarian, and my travel companion is not, so this restaurant was a great find. I had the Pad Kra Paow Tow Hu (Stir fried seasonal vegetables and tofu with fresh chilli and basil leaves), and it was delicious. They had a good wine and beer list, too. The staff was friendly, especially Arlene. I would highly recommend to anyone in Auckland who loves Asian food at a good price.

Reviewed 10 May 2016 via mobile

After struggling to find a Thai restaurant in downtown Auckland I stumbled upon Thai chilli. Service was quick, polite and professional. I felt like something real spicy so ordered the jungle curry with lamb, hot. The meal was promptly served and I am sorry to say but it was honestly the worst Thai meal I have ever had. It was like they had got some peas and beans from a packet, added some bamboo shoots and lamb off cuts and served them up in a bowl of boiling water with some chilli sauce added. It was terribly bland and I have had strawberry milkshakes spicier than that.

I was gutted on the walk home to pass Grasshopper which looked a much nicer Thai Restaurant. Oh well....

Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

I noticed this place as I was walking to viaduct harbour and thought I would give it a try as I love Thai food. When I went in it was about a third full and it took a while to get served. Once I did get served however the food come relatively quickly, quicker than the beer I ordered at the same time! However once it come out it was very tasty! Took a while after to get the bill too.

Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

I went there for dinner and had a soup and a main dish. The rice was shaped as a heart which I a kind of liked. The temperature of the main was not really sufficient so I assume it has been prepared in a microwave.

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

We are here because it was the only restaurant around that was still open. It was decent but average all around. There are much better Thai places, but there are probably also worse ones