All reviews disability access minute drive unit motel accommodation bay microwave key
Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our brief stay here .. Friendly staff ... Upgraded room
- not sure why but lovely all the same. Comfortable bed and room and good parking facilities. Also earned aa smartfuel points .. Bonus. Would recommend :)

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2017

Stayed at Ballina Motel for 2 x nights over Easter weekend 2017. The owner was very accommodating & went out of his way to make our stay great & was very helpful in relation to our parking requirements & having a trailer. The rooms were spotless & had everything we needed. We will be back :)

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2017

I never post negative reviews however, we were in Hawkes Bay as a family and the booking that we thought we had made at another motel was incorrect - our mistake. Fortunately this motel had two vacancies pop up - the whole Bay was booked out!! We said yes, we did not expect to get price gouged! We were happy to pay a premium however almost $2,000 for two rooms for two nights!!!!Thankfully the local Mayor, Chamber of Commerce and Tourist organisation have responded. I am not seeking remediation just illuminating poor behavior.

6  Thank Marama P
Reviewed March 4, 2017

We changed our plans last minute and decided to stay here. While we don't regret it, there is some roo for improvement.

Location - It is out of the city but we knew this before we booked and we had a car so it wasn't a problem, there is also a nice pub next door.

Hotel/Rooms - The hotel itself was nice and well presented, the room was clean and comfortable however there is no shower screen or curtain so the water just goes everywhere as the floor doesn't even dip into the drain, this was a big downfall.

Cleanliness - The room was clean when we entered and it was made up each day however the floors weren't vacuumed or cleaned for our whole stay so by the end of it they were quite dirty.

Overall - While it was a nice and comfortable hotel I might stay here again. There needs to be a remodel of the bathroom as that is bringing the whole room down, and the floors need to be cleaned during the stay. The manager was very nice and pleasant.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2017 via mobile

It was Fri night and I was very upset and desperate for accommodation, sadly the Ballina was full but Tim the wonderful owner called several other hotels but they were also full due to the cycling. He eventually found me a lovely BnB but it was quite far away and I had no transport so Tim very kindly offered me a ride there. He saw me safely in and even called them the next day to check on me.
So I can't comment on the Ballina rooms etc but I can say the owner Tim is a superstar for saving a damsel in distress.

Date of stay: January 2017