All reviews bathroom mirror wedding venue bars and restaurants close to the airport first floor comfortable rooms heat pump comfortable stay hawkes bay across the road town centre balcony apartment odour privacy channels units
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and to write whatever they feel.
I read all the other reviews and bit surprised.
Our room was clean and comfortable. Staff wee lovely. Don’t know what else to say. We really enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bluewater19, Manager at Bluewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2018

Hi, Thank you so much for writing us such a great review. I will share with the team, it will be a boost for all to work even harder to give all our guests a great experience whilst staying at the Bluewater Hotel
Hope to see you again, next time in Napier
All the Team at Bluewater

Reviewed February 21, 2018

We organised out wedding in Napier and used this motel, as a place were all the visitor could stay as close to the wedding venue. From the start we had minor issues, we asked for a group discount yet nothing would be offered to us or any of our guests, I asked for a day room for the bride to get ready, I offered to pay for this as well, I was told nothing was available. If the bookings for other places weren’t so advanced I might have cancelled the place and gone somewhere else. The weekend before the wedding I spoke to the weekend receptionist, she was great and why this lady wasn’t the boss I have no idea, she organised the change around of rooms, she also gave me a cheap room to the day plus night for the bride to get ready, this lady is the redeeming feature of this place.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank waszaw2018
Bluewater19, General Manager at Bluewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

Hi, Thanks for the review, but I am just wondering why 3 months later after your stay you make this bad review. All my staff are very helpful for any bookings as well as groups. Yes it was very busy that weekend and we were fully booked. We did get a cancelation and gave you a room for $99 special. You did not make all the rooms as a group booking, but the rooms we did know that where for the wedding were already at a discount rate, and some bookings where done from a different website of which we cannot discount. One of your guests flooded their room - falling asleep, leaving the spa bath running on the first night, accidents happen, although we could not move them as we were full, we hired a humidifier and dryer to dry the room out. We had a lot of noise complaints of your rooms, but I did not make an issue of it as I did not wish to spoil your day.
Very disappointed with your review, as I feel we did everything possible to help you on your special day, but I guess you have your reasons

Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

Very old style of hotel. Small rooms right next to a smelly fish factory. You smell fish when you turn up and it's embarrassing when friends come to see you at the hotel. Somehow the stretched limo humvee and rolls Royce parked at concierge look out of place. Our room was on 1st floor overlooking marina which was nice with genuine smell of the fish and sea. The seafood factory also sells fish and chips which must be fresh. I think at 100 per night would be more realistic. Certainly not 200. Even ymca doesn't smell this bad.
Needs to be mentioned for future guests. Check Google maps to see how close it is to factory before booking

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Bluewater19, Manager at Bluewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2018

Hi, Thanks for filling in our online survey. My apologies we did not reach your expectations. Realistic though $100 in the peak season is only going to get you a back packers. We have good facilities in our rooms. including 50 + Sky channels, unlimited free Wifi, aircon., fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle and your own private balcony looking over the marina. The seafood factory you mentioned is also a fresh fish takeaway and restaurant
The Hummer and Rolls are for hire.
Kind Regards
Fromm all the team at Bluewater

Reviewed February 5, 2018

Look for nearly 200 dollers a night no breakfast included its way to much.There is a mini golf course which runs along the front of the hotel and if your unlucky enough to be on one of the lower floors you get to hear all the groups of people talk right outside your room, Blood on sheet and ants!. Bed was good.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Bluewater19, Manager at Bluewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

Hi, Thank you for your review, but I do feel the review is unfair. You had a room on the first floor, King bed, aircon, Kettle, toaster, microwave, mini bar, 50 + Sky channels, your own private balcony looking over the marina and unlimited free Wifi. $174 per night in peak season is a good price. You did also fail to declare $22 of mini bar.
Blood on sheets and ants is not acceptable, my sincere apologies. It is a shame you did not report this to the receptionist at the time. We could have certainly dealt with this immediately
We do have an onsite night manager, and they can deal with any noise problem

Reviewed January 22, 2018

The Bluewater is in a great location, with good views, and it is easy to walk to numerous quality nearby restaurants, bars, shops etc. The apartment was a good size for 4 of us (two kids, two adults). The only negatives were that the decor etc is looking pretty old / tired and the heatpumps were very weak (meaning it was boiling in the bedrooms at night). On the positive side, the TV had the full range of channels. If you aren't going to be spending much time in the room, this is still a good option due to location.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Bluewater19, Manager at Bluewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2018

Hi, Thank you for your review and comments of your stay at Bluewater Hotel. We are having a very hot summer this year, and the aircons. are working overtime. We have not had any other complaints re the aircons., thanks for letting us know, I will get handy man to sort.
Hope to see you again, next time you come to Sunny Hawkes Bay