“Well worth a visit....”

Ranked #19 of 232 Restaurants in Napier
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2018

We were staying at the lovely County Hotel, it was raining so dinner at Wine Street was ideal. The meal was delicious (duck a l'orange, melt-in-the-mouth lamb shanks, apple/pear crumble and affogato ) and service was good. I recommend the Morton's sparkling wine too. Breakfast next morning was plentiful and there was an excellent range of both cooked and continental foods, and I'd never seen a whole honeycomb on offer before! Table service from friendly Bryony was appreciated. We would recommend Wine Street for sure. There is one small criticism - the woven chairs are not very comfortable especially if you have a bad back, better suited to outdoors, suggest replacing them with a comfortable chair more suited to the period of the hotel. Otherwise....congratulations on a lovely restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

We had a good time with helpful wait staff; and the decor is excellent, in this charming old County Hotel. But it should be all about the food: and the menu looked good but as we compared notes later, the lamb shanks were a bit tough and the tarakihi was over salted. Apparently the steak was lovely. Duck liver Pate was a good option for a starter but mussel fritters were apparently not. So: just a middling grade for dinner; the venue is just great so it would be awesome if the food matched the room.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 4, 2018

I had one dinner and two breakfasts , loved the ambiance , the excellent service and of course the food on offer . For dinner I had the Gem fish as my main , oven baked with a thick white sauce which was delicious .overall loved the place and I would highly commend the staff . worth while having a pre dinner drink I the Churchill bar ,which I found equally charming .

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I are staying at The County, a gorgeous old ex council town hall where this restaurant is.
I had a lamb shank and she who must be obeyed a baked snapper.
Both meals were very good if not slightly undersized.
The waiting staff are very good and attentive however the kitchen was slow. Recommended nevertheless.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

We recently dine in wine street restaurant and had the best experience and we had the best pork belly in there. Great service, beautiful venue and great food.. will definitely go back again..

Date of visit: March 2018