“Wow! Delicious food presented beautifully”
Review of St. Germain Cafe

St. Germain Cafe
Ranked #4 of 18 Quick Bites in Napier
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Reviewed October 28, 2018

I came here for a quick lunch and had a really great experience. The sun was shining, so I sat out in their picturesque little courtyard, at the back of the cafe. Staff were happy to accommodate my request for an alteration to the dish I ordered (no swiss cheese on my sandwich). My coffee and meal arrived quickly and at the same time. They had taken so much care with presentation - very Instagrammable fare - and it was really delicious. I wish I'd had room for their vanilla slice - very tempting cabinet food for those with a sweet tooth!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

We were recommended to go here by a nearby shop and we were very pleased. The food is baked and prepared on the premises and is fresh and tasty. It’s just a small cafe but they serve an interesting variety of foods. My hash browns with mushroom, poached egg and Hollandaise sauce was home made and different. The hotcakes with berries, caramel sauce and ice cream were decadently delicious. Candied pumpkin seeds were new to me. The iced coffees were delicious. Well worth a visit.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Popped in for coffee and a scone.
Coffee was hot and strong just the way it should be. We had a savoury and a sweet one, both delicious.
Presentation was lovely with relish in a wee bowl with the savoury scone and orange curd drops with the sweet scone. Plenty of butter as well.
Service was fast and friendly.
Don’t take my word for it....visit yourself, you’ll be pleased you did!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 16, 2018

St Germain has the most original and superb tasting scones from any café I've ever visited. Todays were blueberry and white chocolate, could do with a 2 slices of butter as the serving is large. Totally yum :-)

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 23, 2018

We arrived for breakfast on a Saturday. Staff were very friendly and efficent. We loved the menu as well as the food on display. Our food was fresh,tasty and nicely presented. It's a really popular spot and is our new favourite place to eat in Napier. We will be back.

Date of visit: July 2018