“My favorite part of the trip!”
Review of OGO Rotorua

OGO Rotorua Inflatable Ball Ride
Ranked #2 of 19 Fun & Games in Rotorua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The experience of rolling down a hill inside a giant inflatable ball has been an iconic adventure experience since Andrew and David Akers developed the first operation in the world in Rotorua back in 1997. Rotorua remains the ONLY location in New Zealand where you can experience this amazingly fun and bizarre activity.With a new site just 5 minutes from the town centre with a hill that is almost twice as long, you can ride with 1, 2 or 3 people inside the same H2OGO (with warm water in winter or cool water in summer),race against your friends, or try the Harness OGO where you are securely strapped in and sent rolling head over heels through the trees down our custom designed harness track.OR … try our BRAND NEW ride; THE FISHPIPE!A new and unique type of water ride where you slide for over 600 metres! Further than the longest water-slide in the world!Up to 3 riders, 75 litres (20 gallons) of water and a barrel that spins at up to 45 revolutions per minute (although we can slow it right down for the kids and those of you with nervous dispositions.)If you’re riding solo, you can slide, try to run inside, or even try surfing on your feet. With 2 or 3 riders inside you slip and slide together in a tangled mess ... backwards, sideways, frontwards, upside-downwards and whose-foot-is-that-in-my-mouthwards.Open 364 days from 9:00 to 5:00pm in all weather conditions, do not miss out on this unique New Zealand invention. No bookings necessary.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed April 5, 2018

My only regret from my trip to NZ was not doing another round of Zorbing. This was my favorite thing we did there. The weather wasn't great the day we went and since there was a lot of wind several of the tracks were closed, which meant the wait times were a bit longer, but it was still worth it! We went three people in one ball and I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life--the added weight made us roll down the hill a lot faster than expected. The people are all friendly, and the hot tub up at the top while you wait was a nice touch (since it was pretty cold waiting up there in a bathing suit). Make sure you save time for more than one track, and pick a day with nice weather if you're able to!

1  Thank Stephanie D
in 16 reviews
"bucket list"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I had no idea what to expect, and I am glad because it was honestly one of the most fun things I've done in a decade. I felt like a little kid again and I'd encourage everyone to give it a try. It it not running about in a hamster ball, it's a crazy, bouncy water ride!!!!

Reviewed April 4, 2018

We had a great time at OGO! Our family of four decided to do the sidewinder course and we had an absolute blast! The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable about the area and other nearby attractions.

There was a mix up with our photos at the time, but I was able to contact them a week later and still get our photos and videos from the GoPro they lent us.

I can't compare them to the other guys, but I can say I highly recommend OGO.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

My husband and I decided to try this out and we're so glad we did! There are three tracks to choose from, and we decided on the zig zag route and the big hill. Both were great, but the zig zag track was our favorite. We got some hilarious video with our go pro and can't wait to watch and share with friends. The staff and owner are wonderful, too. They really want to make sure you are having a good time! Can't recommend this enough! You have to do it!