See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 18, 2018

The Copthorne Hotel is located in a good area of Rotorua. The room was small and outdated. The hotel is general needs an update. This hotel seems to be popular with the tour companies as multiple buses arrived while we were there and the common areas became crowded. Despite the large volume of tour groups, the staff handled things well and were very friendly.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2018

We had a very lovely three nights in the Copthorne Hotel the food was delicious and nutritious presented very well enjoyable too. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious clean and comfortable. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2018

This was a one night business trip. The hotel was comfortable although the night's sleep was interrupted by a fire alarm call out. I saw no flames or smoke and wondered why this had occurred. I hope it was not one my fellow guests smoking in their room. I had breakfast included in my room rate and the selection of food was good.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with MillenniumHotels.com
Reviewed March 1, 2018

Overall the hotel is ok. The room we stayed in however was very dated, ceiling fan only ran on 2 settings and did not do much, the wine glasses in the cabinet were very dirty. Shower in bathroom could certainly do with a revamp. On a positive note the bed was very comfortable and had a good nights sleep

Room tip: Rooms in new section would be better i would assume
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

I found a brochure for a guide called "Affordable Trout Fishing" in the hotel lobby and my wife and I had a free day. We booked and had a phenomenal day of fishing on Lake Rotorua and brought back one of our 16 that we caught. For $20 Chef Andrew at Jimmy Cooks Restaurant steamed it with plenty of lemons in foil. We paired it with an Oyster Bay Savaugn Blanc. It was amazing! And the wait staff and manager were very pleasant. Overall, a pleasant stay and experience (other than the restrictive Wi-Fi access).

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple