All reviews mineral spa free wifi private thermal pool lake road kuirau park short walk into town a great stay main road serviced daily new zealand stayed for two nights laundry facilities quiet location hot pools motel unit trampoline
Reviewed December 6, 2017

If I could give more stars i would!!! The lady at the front desk was so good at showing us the highlights of the town and a few free things to do on the map that we went to our room and planned our 3 days quickly. All 5 of the places we stayed in NZ where great, but this one stood out. Everything (spa, pool,location ) where great and the rooms comfortable and clean. Thanks redrock for a great experience..The only negative I can think of is bring your own icetrays if you like ice in your drinks!!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Red Rock T, Owner at Red Rock Thermal Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2018

hi homebase2017, thank you for the lovey review we are glad that you enjoyed our facilities and service. Hope that you would come back next time, thank you for the recommendation we have new and bigger ice trays now. Greetings, Molly

Reviewed November 25, 2017

We had a great stay at this very clean and tidy motel. The beds were very comfortable. The spa pool was great and very private. We heard some children enjoying the outdoors pool. Molly was most helpful and courteous at all times.
We would definitely stay again when in Rotorua. Very good value.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

hi Julia, thank you for the lovely review we are glad that you enjoyed our facilities and found our room clean and comfortable. We would love to welcome you back and thank you so much. Greetings, Molly

Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

Stayed two nights here during a blustery cold few days. Thoroughly enjoyed the hot tub and pool. Found the staff and owner very helpful,they pointed me in the right direction during ,, couple of days here. Nice large room with thermal heating a absolute necessity. S,hall return

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Mhai K
Red Rock T, Manager at Red Rock Thermal Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2017

Thank you it was a pleasure having you here, hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

I booked 2 adults and 2 children on Booking.com. We reserved a 2 bedroom family unit. My husband and eldest daughter took the bus for an adventure and my 3 year old and I drove down. I arrived after a 4 hour drive and the female owner came over and “ordered” another $100 from us for the children.
I tried to explain I’d booked 4 of us on booking.com and she started SHOUTING at me quite uncontrollably when I was just talking to her!
Her staff member was with her and she and I tried to have a rational conversation but the owner kept shouting including they had had this problem with booking.com before. I tried to mention she needed to take it up with them and she started shouting at me again. By this time I was in tears and told her I had 2 days off my busy life, was now stressed out and didn’t want to stay. Now my 6 year old was also crying. My husband came over, saw us in tears and demanded a refund. She called him a “ White Pig”.

Unbelievable!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Abbysarita
Red Rock T, Owner at Red Rock Thermal Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Many thanks for your review of our motel. We are very sorry that you didn’t enjoy your stay, even though we refunded you all of your money for the 2 nights you stayed. We cannot understand why there was such a misunderstanding when you had only booked for 2 adults via Booking.com and definitely did not book for 2 additional children. We do appreciate that sometimes guests make these mistakes and only asked for the extra payment for the children. We offered to contact Booking.com and let you speak with them, but you refused to speak with them. We didn’t know that it would cause you and your partner such distress. We feel it is rather unfair of you for both to give us a 1/5 review on Tripadvisor, especially when we felt bullied into refunding you for both nights. I also apologise for calling you a white pig - however, the situation got out of hand in our reception and with your bad language and shouting at me it made me forget myself. I won’t let that happen again. I am new to the motel industry and my English is not as good as I would like, however, I am improving all the time and dealing with these situations are a lesson for me.

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Booked 2 x nights on booking.com for $410 for Superior apartment. Stated in booking 2 x kids and 2 x adults. On check in was told to tell booking.com we were a no show in case they asked so they didn’t have to pay commission. When my wife and second child arrived they demanded we pay more money than the $410 already paid. Refused to pay more money. Was called “white pig” numerous times by nasty lady. Avoid this place.

Stayed: October 2017