All reviews the ritz basic facilities nothing flash kitchen cabin mini fridge would stay here again couple of nights a great stay hosts
Reviewed January 30, 2017

Basic fairly dated cabin accomodation but very clean and tidy which suited us perfectly as we would rather spend money shopping instead of sleeping. Comfortable beds, Lovely staff and a great atmosphere for a holiday park.

1  Thank Tracylee33
Reviewed January 9, 2017 via mobile

A great communal motel that helped cater 4 adults plus an infant for $135 per night (2 nights stay because it was so last minute). Was great having a bbq cooked meal instead of just take aways aswell as meeting differe t people from all over new zealand and all around the world. The other people staying were so friendly aswell as the staff and caretakers of the motel itself. Very warm and helpful. Only 2 downfalls unfortunatly. One would have to be the mattresses which were as thin my arms that it was more comfortable sleeping on the floor. 2nd downfall was the uncleanliness of the communal toilets/showers, kitchen and laundry room. There was dust collecting everywhere inside the kitchen aswell as dorty tea towels that obviously no one could replace until I went and saw them my self despite staff going in several times, showers and toilets were disgusting that I continuously tried to hold until seeing a public toilet outside the park and the showers had hair in the drain and was so yuck we wore our sandals in the shower . Would have loved to rate this place more for their amazing hospitality. Also thought the playground for kids was such a great and considerate choice.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2017

Arrived on the 29th of December with a planed stay until the 2nd of January. Initially the rooms seemed clean but the shower was so dirty with mould my husband brought a litre of bleach and shower power just so we could use it. I still wore my jandals in the shower! I went to grab the beer opener under the sink to find it stuck in a thick substance that coated all of the other utensils under the sink. With a bit of attention to cleanliness this motel would have been ok. Needless to say we rebooked in Rotorua for New Years paid more but had a great time in a clean Hotel.

1  Thank MelanieD2777
Reviewed January 9, 2017

Easy to find using satnav. I had bought the cheapest room last minute so didn't expect much and had low expectations. The receptionist warned me at check in that it was just a room, but as this is what I'd booked not an issue. Was offered clean towels on check in. Got to say actually from having low expectations and seeing the online pictures the room was bigger than expected. I had a double bed rather than single, working tv, fridge and mirror in the room.
Now this was my first motel experience and not sure it's for me as a lone traveler, however for 40 bucks I had my space not shared and it did what I needed. Didn't really think much to Taupo though so glad I only was passing through.
Facilities - Kitchen was ok but bin was overflowing, toilets good - didn't use shower. Actual cabin a little run down and fridge had a bad smell. I could park directly outside my cabin. Wifi dropped out a few times but otherwise worked well. It did what I needed it to do and I can't complain at that price ps cute cat!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2017

First of all I would like to say that the hosts were really friendly people and I am sure that this place would be better value for money if we had not stayed in peak time.

We paid $140 per night plus $20 extra for dog BUT we had no choice as it was probably the only room left in Taupo at the time.

To cut a long story short this place is very run down. The beds are extremely uncomfortable and small and our room had a very bad smell to it. The unit itself was actually quite clean though. I did not get much sleep as I could hear everything from the units next door and the bed was so small and uncomfortable.

This is a very budget hotel an we were ripped off because of the time of the year.
We would have happily paid $80 to stay here as that price would be appropriate for the level of accommodation

Room Tip: I would not stay here unless you are truly paying budget prices