All reviews nespresso machine railway bridge floor to ceiling windows single bed bed was very comfortable spa bath cameron road within walking distance close to town spent two nights free wifi clean rooms an easy walk new zealand mount maunganui motel kitchenette
Reviewed May 7, 2018

Waterfront room has spectacular views. The girls in the Office went to no ends to make our stay enjoyable. Had to go back a week later and called them straight away. They remembered who we were and no issues!!! Fabulous service!!!

Room Tip: Go Waterfront for Romance!!!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
TaurangaWaterfront, General Manager at The Tauranga on the Waterfront Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2018

Dear Smile R,

Thank you for the review. Was really nice having you both come back and stay with us. We look forward to your next trip.

Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

Heater on when I arrived . Thoughtful hostess. Clean large room with separate shower from toilet. Could see the sea from my room. Ample parking. Hot shower and great bed. Would stay again definitly! Also close to town with a nice walk. Seemed a very safe area.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
TaurangaWaterfront, General Manager at The Tauranga on the Waterfront Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2018

Dear Tricia,
Thank you for the review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 18, 2018

Very friendly staff member showed us to our room, which had stunning views over the harbour. Because our room was downstairs, we also had a small patio area outside with a table, where we ate our breakfast, as it was a lovely sunny day. I would not recommend this for small children however, as there is a steep cliff which is not fenced off. The kitchenette is tucked behind folding door, and is adequate although there are no hobs, just a microwave. It is, however , only a short walk to the waterfront in Tauranga, where there is a good supply of eateries, although by English standards they close very early. However, here it is all about the view, which is just fantastic. Easy parking too.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for sea view, not sure if you pay more.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Annette,
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are pleased that you enjoyed the patio and wonderful views. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We had a great stay in Tauranga, made even better by the friendly staff and very clean rooms.
Comfy bed, lovely bathroom products and easy parking make this motel a good place to stay near to the town.
We will be back next time we are in the area.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
TaurangaWaterfront, General Manager at The Tauranga on the Waterfront Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Dear RNewZealand
Thank you for the great review. We have to agree that we have a great team :) We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2018

Booked on line and then called to ensure I got a room with a balcony. "All good, yes your have" was the response. On arrival we I dropped bags off in the room, and left, returning 3 hours later. On return I opened up the shutters and saw that there was no balcony and no way of opening the windows to get a breeze in. I went to reception and queried why we didnt get what we booked and was told "oh if you had mentioned that on arrival I could have booked you in to a room downstairs with a balcony, now its taken sorry!"
The room was sweltering, there is no aircon. We had to sit down on the wharf as it was unbearable in the room. $305 for this? What a rip-off. On return home I emailed the manager to follow up on the mistake in our booking. She did not apologise, simply saying you got what you booked. No, I didnt actually.
High prices, poor customer relations. Dont stay here!

Stayed: February 2018
2  Thank shereeann
TaurangaWaterfront, General Manager at The Tauranga on the Waterfront Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Dear Sheree,

After all our conversations I am surprised at your review. I told you I would investigate this as you were wanting to get a free night’s stay. After investigation I informed you that you had booked an upstairs unit and that the ground floor had been booked prior to your reservation and was impossible for my staff to have been able to give you the ground floor. You are making false claims about what had transpired that day.I at no point made any reference to saying you got what you got.