2,406 results
All reviews great location featherston street central location cable car two double beds free wifi te papa tsb arena railway station airport bus buffet breakfast would stay again easy walk short stay new zealand reception staff stayed one night
Reviewed January 10, 2011

for a hotel with such reasonable rates, this hotel had great service! from the reception staff through to the cleaners, definately a good experience.
Thanks

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
NathanFrost, General Manager at ibis Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2011

Dear Accorhotels traveler,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us especially the service provided by my staff and I will personally pass your comments onto the whole team.

Reviewed January 9, 2011

Room the size of a large cupboard,grotty shower, lackluster breakfast with the lowest of the low grade meat and unhelpful managerial staff made this the worst accommodation experience during our trip.

• Stayed: January 2011
NathanFrost, General Manager at ibis Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2011

Dear aquaribbon,

Thank you for your comments regarding the size of the room that you were accommodated in, next time if you choose to stay with us, do not hesitate to ask for one of our rooms with a king bed as these are a larger room. I am disappointed to read your comments regarding breakfast and thank you for the photo of the bacon. This is not our usual standard and I have passed on your comments to my Head Chef to follow up with his supplier and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed January 6, 2011

We were not advised there were no parking facilities, however, in fairness we did not ask, we assumed. Staff were very unhelpful and uncaring re our predicament of where to park our car. There were hairclips on the carpet when we arrived, and they were still there when we left. Our bathroom mirror was dirty, and was not cleaned at all, the handbasin was definitely not cleaned, and we suspect neither the toilet. we had to use our own soap as stock was not refreshed

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
NathanFrost, General Manager at ibis Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2011

Dear Accorhotels.com traveller,

I am sorry there was an issue with parking at the hotel, we do state on the website that parking must be pre-booked and I aplologise for any inconvenience caused. The standard of the room that you have been checked into is not acceptable and I would like to personally follow this up. Can you please contact me directly at the hotel so that I can formally follow up with the staff member concerned.

Reviewed January 6, 2011

Even though we paid for room and breakfast online (and have a confirmation email stating we paid for breakfast) on arriving at breakfast we were told that we had not in fact been charged for breakfast and had to pay separately. While the staff eventually waived the cost the after taste of having to argue for your breakfast spoiled the stay at the hotel. The staff member also refusing to agree that (if we had not been charged) then the email I received was incorrect added to fustration. Ibis needs to sort out email confirmation system and stop sending incorrect emails.

Dear Accorhotels.com traveller,

The email confirmation does state that breakfast has been charged however when the email comes through to our reservation team, only the room amount shows up on the document. There is a procedure that we have in place to ensure that your card is charged correctly and has not been followed in this instance and I apologise for any inconvenience this caused.