All reviews comfort hotel cuba st express breakfast great location cq hotel rooms are small mini fridge bars and restaurants cuba mall room rate free wifi tea and coffee comfortable room an easy walk stayed nights te papa cable car
Reviewed March 25, 2018

This hotel is the impoverished sibling of the Quality Hotel Wellington next door. We really had the sense of being in a place where every effort is made to reduce quality and costs.

The worst aspect of this place was our room. It was small and crowded, with barely enough room to open our suitcases. We each had a narrow single bed--they were reasonably comfortable, but definitely not roomy.

What was shocking was that the one window in our room was small and located very high up. The window ledge was six or seven feet above the floor. There was no air conditioning whatsoever, and we needed some fresh air. So, I actually had to stand on a chair and reach up to push the window open. At that point, I noticed that our window looked out onto a kind of vertical corridor consisting of brick walls and other windows. No view whatsoever--not that we could have seen anything anyway, since the window was so far above our heads.

It was like having a room in the basement. We thought we were on the ground floor. The saving grace, for what it was worth, was that the ceiling was high.

I would not recommend this place. Presumably not every room was like ours, but we were not impressed. If you have the money, maybe spring for the Quality Inn next door.

Room tip: Avoid rooms on the ground floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
NLIHarper, General Manager at C Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Dear Introvertica,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your stay at CQ Wellington. Please accept my sincerest apologies that your experience did not meet your expectations. We aim to make everyone's stay at CQ Wellington a comfortable and enjoyable experience. We're committed to providing the best possible accommodation and service so I've taken your review on board to help us improve our day to day operations.

Please feel free to contact the hotel directly if you would like to make any suggestions on how we could make our customer experience better. We'd appreciate any further feedback you may have.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Please feel free to contact us directly and we will take care of your reservation personally.

Reviewed March 20, 2018

Where to begin. Old , broken down hotel on a noisy busy street. Construction all around- rooms so small only doubles will fit. The linen as old a small hotel and not even a bar of soap for the old cracked sink.The windows rattle all night and you cannot open them because of street noise. So rooms very stuffy and hot. A very overpriced breakfast(28$) and overpriced room. Staff a bit unhelpful but manager very nice . Would never suggest anyone stay there

Room tip: Stay somewhere else
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
NLIHarper, General Manager at C Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2018

Dear Mara246,

Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

Imagine if a hipster bought a rundown hotel and wanted to fix it up like a Hilton but ran out of money and you have a good idea of this hotel. It’s fine but filled with annoying ‘eco friendly’ features like having to put your room key in a socket to get electricity in the room. Honestly the most uncomfortable bed I’ve ever laid on as I can literally feel each individual spring in my back. Otherwise the rooms are small but fine and it’s quiet and seems safe. Parking is unpleasant. It’s a solid meh.

Trip type: Travelled solo
NLIHarper, General Manager at C Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2018

Dear Richard B,

Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

Room was very small but tidy. No air conditioning. The bathroom was also tidy but could benefit some maintenance. Note that there was some noise associated with current building/consolidation operations on the backside of the hotel, starting from 8 am. The location is great in Wellington and the staff was very friendly. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast very much. I would definitely stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
NLIHarper, General Manager at C Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2018

Dear Benoît M,

Thank you for taking valuable time to give us your feedback. We are pleased to learn that you've had an enjoyable time with us and that you found the location and facilities to your liking. We look forward to another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future! Please feel free to contact us directly and we will take care of your reservation personally.

Reviewed February 24, 2018

I'll start by saying is this room what you pay for? Probably yes. Does that mean I'd stay again? Probably not.

The good:
Polite and friendly staff; whom replaced our room key free of charge when we misplaced it
Clean
The opportunity to escape our shoe box of a room and sit up on a small terrace which is part of the more expensive side of the hotel
The bed was comfortable
The location

The bad:
The room size is very small - which I suppose is to be expected in the middle of the capital city and at the price you paid, but that still doesn't make it nice when you are literally squeezing around your luggage, the bed, your room mate and the door (which doesn't open fully because it hits the bed). The word I would use to describe this room is depressing.

The room was very warm with no air con and hardly any air flow (a small window opened out onto an area where construction was occurring).

There was also no fridge!! So in addition to a warm stuffy room we could not have any cold drinks; and the food that we had brought with us we had to consume ASAP before it spoiled.

Don't do your washing here if you can, The washing machine room is tiny, hot and stuffy, which wouldn't be a problem if you could put your washing in and walk away. But this is one of those machines that stops if there it detects an uneven load - so you literally have to stay and wait.

What was probably most disappointing which reflects the hotels willingness to please customers was how noisy our room was. We specifically requested upon booking for a quiet room - and we booked months in advance. What we got was the first room across from the elevator. Not only did this mean we listened to the noisy elevator go up and down, but people entering and exiting from their rooms would have to walk past ours, in addition to the room service people who would have loud conversations outside the door early in the morning. Further to this, there was construction going on right outside our window - I would look out and could have a conversation with the workers if I wanted - they were that close. We found this out when we were woken at 8am by incessant banging.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
NLIHarper, General Manager at C Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2018

Dear Jayd822,