“Good Friday dinner”

Ranked #68 of 996 Restaurants in Wellington
Price range: US$19 - US$39
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: In a relaxing and friendly environment we invite our guests to revel in all the freshness and goodness our little slice of the world provides. PORTLANDER Nestled in a spot where land meets sea, the Portlander is a unique take on the grill house concept - one which is local, seasonal, cultivated... and just a little bit wild. We're about superb cuts of meat, prepared to perfection and finished in style. Bloody rare and rather well done - it's the ideal place to eat meat and greet. PORTLANDER is the proud winner of 'BEST RESTAURANT' at the Hospitality New Zealand Awards for Excellence 2015
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were staying at the Rydges, and being Good Friday there were not a lot of eating options available. Luckily for us the host managed to squeeze us in. The food was of very high quality (I had the Palliser Lamb, my friend had the Cheeseburger), and was served quite quickly. Also ate here for breakfast, a good quality of food, and a wide choice.

Orlaith M, Public Relations Manager at Portlander Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Daynamo, Thank you for great to hear such lovely feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed both dinner and breakfast service with us. Hope to see you again. Orlaith

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My latte was good. Staff friendly and helpful. Good location next to Rydges. Nice modern, contemporary spacious restaurant and Bar. Great selection of wines. Lots of families come here with their children while travelling. I enjoyed the Portlander Bar & Grill.

Orlaith M, Public Relations Manager at Portlander Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Karina F, Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed yourself, particularly our location, staff and great food and wine. Hope to see you again soon, Thanks Orlaith.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Attached to the Rydges Hotel, is this great steak restaurant. Great professional bar, and wait staff. Great wine selection, fablous food, well worth coming, but the dessert let the meal down.

Thank you Daniel C for your lovely review, I am delighted our service, food and beverage selection stood out. I am disappointed to hear about the dessert, I would be happy to hear some more feedback to give to our chef, orlaith_maher@evt.com.
I hope we will see you again, Orlaith

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Was staying at Rydges, so waited in the lobby bar for friends to arrive. Lovely bar area even on a Friday night. Good service from the bar and wait staff. Would visit regularly if I lived in the area.

Hi nzsarah2016, It is great to hear such lovely feedback on out bar and service. I will ensure to pass these comments onto our team, I hope we will see you again soon, Orlaith

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We paid our usual visit to Portlander for lunch while visiting Wellington. While the layout had changed a little and the menu a lot it was still wonderful food with very good service. The four of us had different meals and all were impressed

Hi Michaelwl5786VY,

Thank you for your lovely review, I am delighted you enjoyed our recent menu changes. I hope we will see you again soon,
Orlaith