All reviews cuba st accommodation location floor fridge
Reviewed March 1, 2017 via mobile

I checked in on a Saturday and the lady working was extremely lovely. I was able to check in two hours earlier which worked out perfectly.

Room size was fine (I was alone) so it didn't bother me much. Shower is in an awkward spot but it was clean & had good pressure. The blinds definitely needed a good clean & the windows a good wash. The fan was full of dust too. It was a shame my room didn't get serviced as I stayed 7+ nights (explanation would be nice as to why?) one pillow had some blood stains so that wasn't ideal. I just placed it in the corner of the room out of sight! It was a manageable stay and overall a good location. However the cleanliness is lacking. I'm due back in October but will definitely stay elsewhere.

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed October 19, 2016

Stayed here recently. Checkin was quick and efficient. Ladies in reception were very friendly. Room 510. Room was comfortable. Access in and out of shower was difficult in small space. A bit of mould on shower wall. Great water pressure in shower. The vent in the window rattled throughout the night. Walls in apartment need a wipe over, also the dust on the blind was very thick which made opening the window unpleasant. A bit of noise in corridor late at night from other people coming home. Had a nice view and was close to shops, bars and restaurants, taxis and buses.

Room Tip: Good view facing museum
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2016

The rooms are not huge but for 2 of us there was ample room, double bed should be a queen but it was fresh sheets & firm, bathroom has all necessities & not being too big not lot to mess, kitchenette has all 2 people need. It you like to open windows then this could be a problem.

Room Tip: North facing gets all day sun & popular resaurant/bar below
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2016 via mobile

My girl friend and I booked this apartment which was advertised as 1:5 bed serviced apartment. And technically, it is. One double bed shoved against the wall to create space, and one single bed in the other tiny room. The Tv is the size of a small pc monitor, the couch can barely fit two people..... just. No dishwasher or laundry facility in the room...... there is laundry on another floor for which you must pay more. The bathroom has a toilet and shower. The shower produces luke warm water at a very slow droplet rate. No shampoo or conditioner. So for $600 for two nights.... one can do better.
It is clean in the centre of the floor, don't look under the couch or the beds for the dust bunnies and lolly papers. And to top it off, take your rubbish to the bin on the floor above.... seriously?
Would I stay again? If I was desperate, maybe

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2016

We wanted a reasonably-priced and easily accessible place to stay in during our one-week visit to Wellington. It also had to be within walking distance to our daughter's apartment and to other tourist attractions. Southern Cross Serviced Apartments more than met all our requirements. We had a delightful and very comfortable stay and would definitely book here the next time we visit our daughter.

Next door is Southern Cross Bar and Restaurant - do try it. We had brunch there and the food and services exceeded our expectations!

Room Tip: Our room (on the 5th floor) faced Cuba St. but the 'party noise' (usually on Fridays only) did not bother us.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
sxapts, Front Office Manager at Southern Cross Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with your room and our location. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Wellington.