All reviews night stay laundry facilities the main road bruce units nelson snoring
Reviewed February 4, 2017

Originally we had 2 rooms booked, but cancelled one a week before our stay, and added a bed to the other...all with absolutely no problem at all. The man there, Bruce(?), was so lovely. He always had a smile and friendly greeting whenever we saw him. The motel itself was great, really close to amenities, very quiet - both to the adjourning room and outside, comfortable beds and warm. It was actually a lot nicer on the inside than the photos look. They obviously take great pride in their cleanliness as the cleaning ladies always showed up like clockwork to change our towels and take out any rubbish, there was not 1 speck of dirt to see...and I looked...even under the beds! When I'm next back in Blenheim, I'm definitely staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded February 24, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
Best regards, Bruce

Reviewed January 5, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic place to stay very tidy motel unit well maintained and fantastic shower pressure a bonus Room is spaceious I stayed here for two nights while my daughter was at Jamboree having some great me time has a great solar heated swimming pool great place to stay lovely Friendly staff I have rebooked to stay here at Easter time for the Air show

Stayed: January 2017
Management response:Responded January 7, 2017

Thank you Leanne for your very kind review. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest.
We look forward to seeing you again at Easter.
Kind regards.

Reviewed December 12, 2016

The room was clean and the bed comfortable. However check in was an unmitigated disaster with the owners having no knowledge of the requirements under the Code of Ordinances 1985. Their knowledge of the process was poor to say the least. At check out they had us all down (a group of 6 of us ) in all the wrong rooms. It would be a fail in a civil emergency exercise, let alone the real thing !

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded December 14, 2016

I am not going to try to reconcile where this guest is coming from. We received a multi unit reservation, and they were allocated and charged exactly what that reservation asked for. (2 x Twin units and 2 x Standard Double units, for a group of EIGHT guests ) Might I add, they had a list of the units reserved which showed the tariff for each. If they then wished to change units between themselves that was alright by us. The tariffs paid for each unit reflected the number of guests they had reserved for each unit. That is:- One guest in one twin and Three guests in the other twin, also Two guests in each of the two standard double units. We charged the standard tariff for the Spa bath unit because we upgraded these guests to that unit, due to another guest wishing to stay a further night.
I suggest this guest goes back to the original reservation made though their Online Travel Agent, and checks exactly what units were asked for and the number of guests they had requested in each units. If there is a difference between her reservation details and mine, then the problem rests with the OTA, because that is where my records came from.

Reviewed December 9, 2016

Firstly the guy whose the manager is very friendly and helpful as he gave me all sorts of advice on the places I needed to go to the next day.
The motel is very clean and spacious with easy parking and located on the edge of Blenheim but on a main road, making getting around very easy.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Management response:Responded December 11, 2016

Thank you for your very kind review and time taken. Regards, Bruce

Reviewed November 3, 2016

Positives: my unit was well away from the road so it was nice and quiet / smallish heated pool / tidy.
Negatives: poor cellphone reception / very outdated decor / only 3 or 4 sky channels / noisy fridge (had to unplug it to get to sleep) / an ironing board that was tiny.

These negatives might seem picky, but I stay in motels approx 100 nights per year and in my opinion this motel is not worth $130 per night. The motel is not "bad" it's just not good value for money.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Management response:Responded December 11, 2016

I'm sorry you feel that way. Have a nice day