“Quiet drink @ Scotch”

Ranked #12 of 132 Restaurants in Blenheim
Price range: US$3 - US$33
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are an independent, owner-operated wine bar, restaurant and wine shop located in the middle of Blenheim, Marlborough.
Reviewed August 13, 2018

Went to Scotch for a quiet drink after dinner, was right across the road form the restaurant so easy to get to. Picked a bad wine unfortunately but otherwise the atmosphere was good, the music and ambient noise was at a good level to have a conversation.

Reviewed July 27, 2018

So you've lobbed into town and you need somewhere to eat. There are the usuals, of course, but then you wander in here. The food selections are all interesting and designed as share and taste plates. The staff are very generous in explaining the choices to you. Because of the nature of the menu, it is also possible to eat diversely without feeling bloated. The wine list is extensive and includes new and local wines, which also come with advice and commentary from the staff. Located in central Blenheim but has the atmosphere and standards and food knowledge of any international establishment. Save a night for this place.

1  Thank 842brucec
Reviewed July 7, 2018

To start, I think very good, should be "GOOD" but as Tripadvisor does not have this choice, I did very good, because average is to low.
I actually never went to Scotch Bar as it is more a wine bar and as I found out recently they don't do really meals any more. But as they now have "bitterballen" on the menu, I had to go ( Bitterballen are a dutch snack and I am Dutch ) I went two times in a couple of weeks, and yes, the bitterballen are GREAT, The fries are very good two, but I also tried some other snack and I was not so happy with those.
Also I think that the prices are a bit on the high side. I tried the polenta fries, big chunks of deep fried polenta, 4 huge portions, defenitely to much for one person, one is enough already. but they are not easy to share, so maybe smaller "chips" The salmon cured in beetroot was nice and the crackers very good, but amount of salmon + spread small compared to the amount of crackers. Some other friends had some other "snacks " of the menu. I can not advise about the taste, but again, if the intention is to have some kind of "tapas" food, again, it all looked not easy to share.
Staff is very friendly. Would I come here again. Yes, I will go back for the bitterballen, if they keep them on the menu and a glass of wine, but not for other kind of food. Scotch bar is nicely located and the outside area is great on a nice day. One of the best in Blenheim

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

A small but vibrant place. The sourdough bread was delicious, as well as the beet salad. But the gnocchi was absolutely amazing, the best I have ever had! So soft and tender, with a wonderful pumpkin sauce and tangy goat cheese. Although we were in Blenheim for the wine, we had gin & tonics, and what a good choice. They were great!

Reviewed May 22, 2018

went there for dinner, great service, great selection of wines, food is AAA, not the usual but a great food experience.