“Brilliant vindaloo”

Little India
Ranked #132 of 1,163 Restaurants in Christchurch
Price range: US$8 - US$32
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Solo dining picking up from airport. Great little restaurant with friendly service. Had a prawn vindaloo and some pakora - both done very well and the vindaloo was definitely hot !! Naan bread fresh and just the right size . A great little spot if you are staying at an airport hotel .

1  Thank Trev_2810

Reviewed March 28, 2018

My husband and I had lunch at Little India Spitfire Square. I have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant; it was a delicious meal and an enjoyable experience. The restaurant is pleasant and comfortable, the service outstanding (and very quick) and the food was fantastic and reasonably priced. Thank you!

Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

Dinner tonight in Christchurch was at Little India, out by the Christchurch airport. Tonight’s service was outstanding and was equally matched by the quality of the food. Vegetable Samosa as an entree and then the main was aloo mutter. The flavours and spice combination were very nice.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

We were staying at the hotel next door. Not interested in the food they offered and wanted something hot. Well, I ordered Vegetable Samosa to share for starter, then a Vindaloo (lamb) for me, my wife ordered the Aaloo Baingan (eggplant dish). Both hot. Well I never sweat when I eat spicy food, but my forehead was damp... Wonderful, finally a place that knows spices. We were in heaven.
No desert, we were full.

1  Thank Edward A
Reviewed March 2, 2018 via mobile

Called in at 7pm to pick up a meal on my way home, was told there was a 20min wait which was fine as they were busy. Meal wasn’t ready at 7.20pm, then I was given somebody else’s takeaway after waiting for 35mins (luckily I checked the docket on the bag before leaving).
I told the waiter that this wasn’t what I ordered and he explained how he thought mine had been given out to somebody else - he could make me a new one in about 5-7mins. I was offered a drink while I waited, finally got my meal after a 45min wait.
Despite that the curry was quite nice; I asked for ‘Indian hot’ and I probably got a medium but the flavour was good. Decent size too. Worth a try but I would definitely recommend you check your meal if you order takeaway as someone obviously ended up with mine!