Lowest prices for your stay
US$75
SAVE US$15
Expedia.comUS$63
eDreamsUS$75
CheapTicketsUS$63
All reviews heat pump city centre car parking one night netflix tv motel towels bed shampoo mirror unit internet
Selected filters
Reviewed September 22, 2020

My partner was travelling to Christchurch on a business trip and I wanted to make an urgent booking for 3 nights. I wanted to support the hotel so I called them to book direct instead of going to a third party website. I was straight away told on phone..that either email us and we will get back to you later or go to Expedia (shocking!!). As the booking was urgent, I went ahead and booked via booking.com. At the final stages of payment, I chose ‘pay now’ option (and it mentions that they accept Amex credit card) and when i tried to complete the payment it kept saying failed payment.. which forced me to chose the other option of “pay at property”. Finally the booking was done and I got a confirmation email. I left a note when making my booking that my partner would be checking in around 10pm. 2 hours before (8pm), I got a notification that the booking is cancelled. No phone call/ message from the property whatsoever!!!.My partner reaches at the property at 9.30pm - there’s no one at the reception!! We were left utterly frustrated looking for another accomodation after 9.30pm. NEVER BOOKING WITH THIS HOTEL AGAIN!!!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2020

Nightly rates for this motel are relatively cheap and represents a good value of you are after a no-frills place for an overnight stay, however be cautious. The motel is located in a very busy intersection of Bealey Avenue and Madras Street frequented by boy racer cars, and heavy street traffic in general. The rooms have very poor acoustic insulation so be prepared to be disturbed by vehicle and pedestrian noise throughout the night. Room is pretty standard with basic amenities but it seems to have a very strong lingering smell, perhaps from the cleaning solvents they use for Covid-19 disinfection, or from something else. Contactless check-in/out is easy but for stays more than one night, no service is provided such as room cleaning, making-up of bed, providing fresh towels & toiletries, or refilling coffee/tea. They use Covid-19 as an excuse, which I find nonsense as other motels and hotels in the city are still providing this basic service despite current Level 2 Covid-19 restrictions.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed April 21, 2020 via mobile

Very accommodating for essential workers and clean and tidy . Thankyou for the lovely stay and they acted accordingly to the covid 19 social distancing matter thankyou and highly recommended you 100 percent .
Thankyou

Date of stay: April 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2020

This was a great place to stay and we actually extended by three days. The staff were incredibly helpful and the location to the City Centre was great with everything within eight minutes. The motel was excellent value for money.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank rendomorph
Reviewed September 20, 2019

Stayed at this hotel for two nights Sept 17 & 18. We had originally booked into one of the larger hotel chains but booked with MCM via Booking.com when we made a change to our travel dates.
Check in was easy with instructions for access being provided by email, rooms though not large were clean and comfortable, bathrooms were modern, clean and spacious.
The location was great for a short visit with easy access to the city and surrounds. There is an excellent bar/bistro a couple of minutes walk away - The Bealey - which has great food and service.
Would highly recommend.