StayForLong
Prestigia.com
FindHotel
CheapTickets
Trip.com
All reviews pillow spray ihg member lobby bar southern alps super comfortable bed port hills modern hotel the heart of the city room service superior room excellent hotel would highly recommend this hotel late checkout buffet breakfast definitely stay here again new zealand room key
Selected filters
Reviewed October 7, 2020

We were booked to stay here the day before our planned departure from Christchurch Airport and then Covid-19 came along. Despite our reservation being made via IHG membership on a non-refundable basis the hotel to their credit refunded us promptly with the cost without fuss.

It's easy to leave negative comments however it's also good to praise where good practice has been experienced and this was one of these occasions.

Date of stay: April 2020
2  Thank Rantinrover
Reviewed July 25, 2020 via mobile

I have stayed here regularly for work but came down for a long weekend and booked two rooms with friends.

Check in was excellent and with my IHG status received upgrades even though both were booked with points.

Quality of the room fit out is also great and the view from the top floor is amazing!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Matt D
Reviewed July 24, 2020

When I booked 2 rooms on line, I didn’t mention is for 2 families. But the hotel staff prepared we live next to each other. Very warm thoughts. Very clean and good services. Very enjoyable. Will stay again.

Reviewed July 18, 2020

I am very happy with the stay with crown plaza as the time I arrived Summit was very quick and helpful for my booking and also I thank him for upgrading my room as it was my birthday. Lillian at the reception was very kind to help me with my request . The location of the hotel and the view from the room was amazing and The hotel itself is beautiful with great ambience. I would highly recommend this hotel and would love to come back again and stay with your hotel.

Reviewed July 16, 2020 via mobile

Nice hotel but check-in seemed like a chore, we weren’t advised of what time breakfast was or where our room was situated until prompting. We paid extra to get a room with a view which was nice but noisey, the mirror in our room was filthy. We wouldn’t rave about the breakfast which was one of the main reasons for staying here after watching Hillary Barry’s review saying how amazing it was. There was no salmon to be found, they ran out of basics like scrambled eggs, juice, mushrooms which you had to queue for 5-10 minutes for these, by the time your turn came about they’d run out again, not something you’d expect for almost $300 a night, disappointing.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Crowne Plaza Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2020

Hello loveitbeauty,

Providing the best hotel experience begins with excellent service. It has always been our pleasure to assist our guests in whatever way we can. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations with our breakfast options and room upkeep. Check-in should have been a walk in the park and I understand your disappointment. I have shared your comment with our Hotel Management for review and the necessary improvements needed on our end

I hope we get the chance to serve you again and create a better experience for you in the future.

Warm thoughts,