All reviews tudor style coach tour grand pacific new zealand papanui road min walk off street parking comfortable beds city centre nice room last night short stay south island bedroom heater toiletries nz
Reviewed June 16, 2016 via mobile

This was an Airpoints booking for a 3 night stay, mainly chosen due to its proximity to St Georges Hospital. I did realise it was Tudor style, but incorrectly thought it had cooking facilities.
The reception area was welcoming and the staff member on duty (who I believe was the General Manager) was very friendly and helpful.
I was given our room key and showed where it was on the complex (which has a number of rooms) map but had difficulty finding it. Eventually found it, around the back, stepping over the hose from the pool, up the stairs to be greeted by cigarette butts (we are non-smokers), in sand (see photo) beside the welcome mat in front of a very tired looking front door.
The one bedroom unit was spacious and appeared to be clean but the furniture (and to be fair, Tudor style isn't my thing) was very tired and it was cold, dark and gloomy and not the least bit welcoming.
We left luggage inside and went to a local cafe for lunch, thinking it might look better on our return.
I went to reception and the again helpful staff listened to my concerns about the room and showed me another (which was warm and 'ready' to welcome incoming guests, which ours certainly was not) and I later wondered if that was because it was 'free'.
My husband and I decided we couldn't stay there, so decided to leave and find alternative accommodation, returning the key later.
Reading other Trip Advisor reviews on this property, perhaps we didn't chose the right style for us and were unlucky with our room allocation, but it would not be accommodation I would recommend.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
ManagerCotswoldHtl, General Manager at Heartland Hotel Cotswold, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2016

Dear Elaine,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, even though you didn't stay with us overnight.
I was disappointed to learn that you had departed with us the same day after I had checked you in. I note that the cigarette butts in the ashtray on the landing were certainly not appealing and I apologise for this as this should have been cleaned prior to your arrival. The rooms are a tad dated, however they are clean, tidy and well presented, with excellent heating and one of the largest hotel rooms by sq m in Christchurch. We do 'comfort/heat' our rooms in winter prior to guests arrival, however we tend not to start this until later in the afternoon, unless we have a specific arrival time noted for arrivals . This is not to save money but to ensure we are environmentally conscious of our businesses footprint. In your case we did not have an arrival time, hence your room was certainly down to be 'comforted/heated' but had not yet been attended to.
Whether your room was booked via Airpoints or paid directly to the hotel, our guests are all as equally important and valued. The welcome we gave you is the same as we do for all our guests here and we want to ensure a 'home away from home experience'.
I do hope next time we can find the correct room type for you and make your stay one to remember. Please contact me directly should you wish to discuss.

Reviewed June 13, 2016

Really comfy hotels approx. at 2 km distance from Christchurch Centre. Room was spacious with extra double bed, clean bathroom, flat TV, free Wi-Fi, heater working very well, plenty of complimentary drinks. Receptionist was efficient and quick service. The location is along Papanui Road which renowned for rows of hotels and motels. Generally speaking, it is really good hotel.
The only cons was minor, but this is coming from external factors, this hotel is a bit too far to any shops or mall, even small convenience shops by walking distance. So you need to use bus or taxi if you need to do shopping, even for buying simple stuff such as tooth brush and tooth paste.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
ManagerCotswoldHtl, General Manager at Heartland Hotel Cotswold, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2016

Dear Santo T,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Heartland Cotswold Hotel and for taking the time to review this.
We have some of the largest rooms in Christchurch due to having a range of room types so I am pleased that you found your room spacious.
The hotel certainly is convienant to a number of areas including the CBD. Whilst only a short 5 minute walk down Papanui Road to the Merivale shops, it can be a bit far depending on the weather etc.
I and the team look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed June 3, 2016

I stayed for overnight halt at the hotel for a night it was nice welcome at the reception but the suite accommodation provided was not auto the mark for the amount i paid.Beds were not comfortable and the unit was not at all cosy.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Scenic Hotel Group

Dear Pasariravi,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Heartland Hotel Cotswold and for taking the time to review this.
I am disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our rooms are large and spacious, with our Scenic signature bedding which is triple sheeting and a very comfortable Dreamsleeper mattress topper. Unfortunately the toppers are not to everyone's bedding preferences however we mostly get great feedback on these.
We will be going through a transition of our beds to the pillow top mattresses which will suit more of our guests. Our rooms also have brand new Olsberg heaters installed recently so the rooms are very cosy indeed.

Reviewed May 30, 2016

We stayed here twice a few days apart as part of a coach tour group. On our first visit we were disapointed with our rather outdated room, however on our second visit we were in a much more commodious and welcoming room. so pick your room with care. On both visits the staff and the cleanliness and catering were very good.

Room Tip: Check out the room before taking it.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Ibrahim11,

The hotel offers a range of room types which are well advertised on-line and from what I can gather it appears you were likely upgraded on your second stay with us.
The tour groups generally book standard rooms, however we have to allocate according to bedding requirements and on occasions guests will be upgraded.
I am delighted that you found the staff helpful and that the standards of the room and hotel were very good.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed May 29, 2016

not in the direct center but still quite close to the Victoria Street we enjoyed the stay there. The rooms are more appartments, very big and well equiped. The breakfast we had in a very nice room. The food was nothing special but well served.
We had technical problems which have been solved fast and professional. This is a really good hotel with the right mixture between nice environment but still close to center.
Very helpful staff at the reception.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marcel_C_ZH

Dear Marc C,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the rooms and meals were up to standard.The hotel is certainly conveniently located just outside of the CBD but in close proximity to the Merivale shops and a lot of restaurants and bars.
The staff are always thankful of great feedback regarding service also.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.