See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

Last minute booking upon deciding to travel to Christchurch. Arrived to a very welcoming reception and as I was traveling with 9month old baby they had portacot all set up and room was on lower level and far away from riccarton road which was so very thoughtful. Always very friendly and helpful staff who used their initiative, thank you for a wonderful stay will definitely be back. Great location as well with a dairy just beside and numerous dining options! Anna

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2017

Just a short jaunt from the airport and a quick walk into the Christchurch CBD the Central Park Motor Lodge is always our 'first port of call' to start off our annual holidays. Not too big. Not too small a real little 'gem'!

Room Tip: Our room was quite near the main road but really wasn't that noisy. It didn't bother us.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graeme J
Reviewed November 4, 2016

I recently stayed in this motor lodge and have no complaints about it at all, in fact I had a very positive experience. Andrew the manager went out of his way to assist me, even carrying my heavy bag upstairs to my room and the other staff member I spoke to was very friendly.

The room itself was a good size, very comfortable with new bedding and thick towels which I appreciated and everything I needed for my six night stay was provided. An added bonus was the shower - nice and hot with full on pressure.

Another plus is the fact that the motel is very close to the hospital and buses pass right by the door on Riccarton Road, taking you into the city or in the other direction to Westfield or Hornby Malls.
Central Park is definitely a place I would recommend.

Room Tip: Upstairs was perfect for me and I loved the cherry blossom right outside my window 😊
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed January 24, 2016

The best feature of this place is the location. It is very close to Christchurch central and to the shops and restaurants in Riccarton. From the accommodation we were able to walk to the nearby restaurants for which there are a number to choose from. The location to other parts of Christchurch and Canterbury were easy to get to. The Bus also goes right outside the door.

The rooms themselves were ok but they need a bit of an update over time. They had been painted recently but the workmanship was not that great. The sofa was missing one of its legs so it was a bit uneven. The kitchen was ok and you could do a little cooking if required. We were at the front and did not really hear the road noise would be ok.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2015

We had no complaints about cleanliness and the staff were friendly and helpful. Unfortunately it was the little things that were missing. Maybe previous guests do pack what they shouldn't in their bags, but that is no reason not to have everything replaced for the next guests.A motel with no salt & pepper, but they did give me some when requested. There were coffee mugs and wine glasses, but no normal glasses, so if you wanted to have a beer etc., it was either a mug or wine glass. Only one face cloth is provided for two guests. Smoking outside is permitted and they stated to please use the ashtray provided. No ashtray! Also in their information booklet it requested that guests do not use white facecloths to remove makeup, please use makeup remover provided. No makeup remover! The chairs outside the back door should be removed as they were in bad shape and definately could not be sat on.
On a brighter note, very handy to central city, railway station, restaurants, shops etc. Please do not let my comments put you off, just be aware of what you need and don't be afraid to ask for it.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple