“Bloody Mary's - bloody wonderful!”
Review of Bloody Mary's

Bloody Mary's
Ranked #57 of 1,203 Restaurants in Christchurch
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, New Zealand, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bloody Mary's is New York steakhouse meets Kiwi hospitality for a Steakhouse experience not to be missed. Our menu features premium Canterbury Beef and Lamb and the freshest local ingredients we can get our hands on. We take some of the best ingredients from one of the purest places on earth and make them simply delicious. Our private dining spaces are perfect for that special occasion including the Whisky Library for up to 30 people and Private Dining Room for up to 50 people.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Husband and I had our wedding anniversary dinner here.

Shared the banana prawns entree, the butchers board for two and the orange and chocolate cheesecake. We were also each given a complimentary glass of Veuve Cliquot as it was our anniversary.

Butchers board was absolutely divine - easily the best meat we've had in ages. Can't rate this highly enough. The board was $135 for two and included three types of meat, some slaw (fancy term for coleslaw ;-) ), beets and roasted potato. There were three little pots, each with a different type of sauce to go with the meat

Pleasant surroundings and good service. The restaurant was quite busy for a Tuesday night, but there was international cricket on in town.

Would never have thought to come here until we were given a gift voucher, but I'd definitely return. Not cheap, but worthwhile.

Date of visit: April 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,153)

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We had a great meal here but the service was disappointing. Steaks are melt in the mouth good but the staff are not really interested in looking after you.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

This place is a must visit when in Christchurch. Often need to book for dinner but the place has such an amazing range of steaks. Always delicious, service excellent. Not cheap but still well worth it.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

I recommend this restaurant for the steak it is amazing, I do believe the staff need some work, we waited far too long to get order taken and for food to arrive to table, considering the restaurant wasn’t even full, I also think the wine list is good but way to pricey, I have been to other fine dining restaurants that don’t charge like that.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came here on our honeymoon and it certainly did not disappoint! Beautiful food, excellent service! They gave us a free glass of champagne when they heard we were on our honeymoon! We had the lamb shoulder and omg it was to die for!! My husband is a chef and he absolutely loved the entire experience!!

Date of visit: March 2018