Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$109
CheapTicketsUS$71
Agoda.comUS$71
getaroom.comUS$109
1,178 results
All reviews cathedral square central location the heart of the city rooms are small per night reception staff new zealand within easy walking distance bed was comfortable botanical gardens hagley park accor internet nz cafes tram
Selected filters
Reviewed November 24, 2020 via mobile

Wonderful staff at Reception
Good room
Well appointed bathroom with brilliant towels
Comfortable beds
Pity the windows don’t open but nice to have natural light and nobody being able to look back in
But a hotel with no food this year - even breakfast
One could go to the Novotel and charge back to the room - but you get there to find plenty of spare tables to be told a 30 minute wait before one could place an order
I left

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank RKensington
Bradley Conder, General Manager at Ibis Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2020

Hello RKensington

Thank you for your great feedback regarding your recent stay with us Ibis Christchurch

We are pleased to announce that a light breakfast offering will start in December 2020 or guest can still have a full buffet offering at our sister hotel the Novotel just 400m away.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts

Reviewed November 16, 2020 via mobile

Overall it’s a nice hotel, central and good value, however the king bed is uncomfortable, they add 2 single mattresses underneath with a topper mattress to turn it into a king, however the topper is actually bigger than the two twin mattresses underneath, in other words, fake king bed and very uncomfortable result. I couldn’t sleep overnight with back pain after a few hours. If you are sleeping on a proper single mattress maybe your experience will be better.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank CaioT14

Hello CaioT14

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Ibis Christchurch. King zipper beds are common in hotels but that doesn't mean you should accept a bad nights sleep. We only have a couple of king zipper beds in the hotel so will review and action accordingly thank you for bring this to my attention.

Reviewed November 5, 2020

I stayed at the IBIS as part of a week-long business trip whilst I was working in the City.

The first room I was given absolutely stank of smoke and so I was given a replacement room quite quickly by the manager - unfortunately, though, no apology was offered. The size of the standard room was pretty small with a correspondingly small shower room.

I didn't get a particularly good night's sleep whilst I was at the hotel - the pillows tend to push the material outwards, leaving your head sinking down in the middle. The beds themselves are on very sensitive wheels - getting in and out moves the whole bed across the room. If you try sitting up in bed, it moves away from the wall. The lights in the room are only small and in specific places, so the whole room doesn't really light up which is frustrating. The carpets didn't seem to get hoovered at all during the week.

The shower is utterly horrible - quite poor pressure and very badly configured. Due to the bad pressure, you stand closer to the shower head but then find your bottom ends up pushing against the shower control handle. The height of the shower head is far too low and unconfigurable - I had to bend awkwardly to get my head under it. At 6' 1" I'm not short but I'm also not crazy tall.

Unfortunately the restaurant was closed during my stay and I wasn't told about the ability to use the gym at the partner hotel down the road until I specifically enquired.

Overall, a little disappointing and I'll do my best to not have to stay here in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello Adyfoot

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us Ibis Christchurch

We are an economy hotel as you would have seem by our pricing but we like to think we make up for our basic hotel with amazing staff and service. Being a economy hotel does mean more compact rooms and less frills than 4 and 5 star hotels. In saying that the rooms should be in good working order. You have provided some particularly valuable insights that I’ve been able to discuss with my respective teams. I’d like to apologise for the areas that didn’t meet your expectations.

Reviewed November 2, 2020

We stayed at the Ibis for a night while passing through Christchurch. The location of the Hotle was. Great and we walked everywhere, the new mall was across the road and was well worth a visit as Jesus respected those who were not married. He did not view single people as inferior or lacking in some was the Ballantyne store. The hotel room was small but all we needed as we were out and about and just needed somewhere to sleep. The bed was very comfortable and our room was quiet. The restaurant was not open while we were there, but we were offered vouchers to use at the sister Hotel (Novotel), we didn't get to use these because of the timings of our stay. I would recommend this Hotel as a great central spot to camp our for your adventures around the city.

Date of stay: October 2020
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Hello Princessnona

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Ibis Christchurch and thank you for supportive comments.

Reviewed October 30, 2020

As the title states, this hotel has a great central location in Christchurch which is essentially in walking distance to anywhere that you might wish to go. We used it as a base to re-explore the city, and it was ideally located in close proximity to the amenities that we needed to access. The room itself was tidy and maintained to a high standard. Special thanks also for the crew allowing us to stow our suitcases both before and after check-in/out - definitely makes the decision to use Ibis again a certainty.

Date of stay: October 2020

Hi 1977SA

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Hearing we have helpful and friendly staff is the best compliment I can receive as a general manager, thank you and rest assure I will pass the comments along

Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon