“Loved my stay. Can't wait to go back”
Review of Quest Dunedin

Quest Dunedin
Ranked #44 of 61 Hotels in Dunedin
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Easy to get onto wifi, lovely amenities & complimentarys. Staff went out of the way to make things easy for us & all were very pleasant from reception to cleaning. Very clean. Lovely comfy bed & quality sheets.

Room Tip: Loved my room with a bath & separate bedroom
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 September 2017

I stayed here on my way to Christchurch and was happy with a clean and comfortable location to stay. The hotel is across the road from the Cadbury factory and a short walk from some good restaurants. I would recommend this place to stay if your looking for a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Samantha-quest, General Manager at Quest Dunedin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Dunedin.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Seems expensive for a pretty basic offering - especially as there are very limited front desk hours and therefore not a full service hotel.
Located on the one way system so quite busy especially for heavy traffic which is passing through Dunedin.
Freshly painted hallways
Poor internet which is unusual for Dunedin as it is the 'gigabite' town, but to be fair I think this relates more to how the infrastructure was set up in the hotel.
Passable but I'm not providing a recommendation as I believe you can get more for less elsewhere

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. At Quest Dunedin we strive to give our guests the best experience possible during their time with us, I'm sorry you felt we didn't met your expectations. Our hallways are freshly painted, as are our apartments which have new furniture and new carpet has been placed throughout the building.
This is the first we have heard of anyone having a problem with our wi-fi, I will be speaking with our internet provider to see if there is anything they can find that may be upsetting the system and have this resolved immediately.
Our reception may not be open 24/7, however there is an on-site manager available 24/7 if you require assistance. I do hope that if you return to Dunedin that you reconsider our property for your accommodation needs. We would love the opportunity to redeem ourselves in your eyes.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

This is my accommodation of choice in Dunedin - an old favourite. There is car parking available and it is in walking distance to the central Dunedin Shopping Centers. There are two Super markets also in walking distance and unlimited dining options. The rooms are comfortable and clean and offer everything you need for your stay. The staff are friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not directly overlooking the street.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your great feedback. I'll pass your kind words onto the staff.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Probably the best thing to say about this hotel is that it is in a great location to the town centre.
The rooms are nice. I was in a studio room. It has a nice large TV. They advertise Sky, yet there are no Sky channels that I can find on my TV. There is a desk (which I am writing to you from at the moment) and a mini kitchen (Sink, Jug, Tea, coffee, Microwave, Fridge, plates, glasses etc).
The maid seems to clean the room when she wants to. The effort made to make the beds or vacuum is apparent when you return that day to either a nice clean room, or a half made bed with pillows on the floor and towels still where you left them (in the shower hoping for them to be changed).
The desk staff were nice and friendly. They offer a complimentary pass to the gym (Anytime Fitness). This is a lovely gym with all the modern equipment and rather quiet too. It is literally about 150m from the hotel.
There are excellent laundry facilities (self service) on site too.
I wish I could say more positive things about the hotel but alas...
*** Note *** if you are travelling by car, ensure you book the car park space with them in advance. Do not park down the side of the hotel as that is the Police station :)

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

This was a planned night away with my wife for a wee get away. Price was good. Presentation of building and internals were good. Friendly receptionist upon arrival. I liked the security, scan card to get into the building and car park.
Room was quiet. No noise from other rooms. Minimal noise from road.
Bad points: Sky tv not tuned, very fuzzy. Dirty areas cups, glasses, microwave, fridge shelves, cook top, coffee grinding in press.
Uncomfortable bed, didnt get much sleep.
Table not sturdy, very wobbly.
Heater in lounge area temperamental, have to jiggle the switch to make work.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travis B
Reviewed 14 August 2017

My wife and I toured New Zealand for a month during February and March 2017. We have provided reviews of all the places we stayed at during our tour. To see the reviews of the other places we stayed at please click on my name to the left and then when the box comes up click on my name again.

We stayed at the Quest Invercargill for a Sunday night as we drove through towards Te Anau. We arrived at about 8pm and found the front entrance door locked with a key card access point. I found an intercom and a voice informed me that the keys to our room had been left on the reception counter. The front door then opened and I was allowed in. I was not impressed. After getting our cases from the car I drove round to the car park which I found was full. My only alternative was to park on the street. Fortunately it was a Sunday night and there were no parking restrictions although we had to get out early the next morning as parking was restricted from early in the morning.
This is not a hotel. It is serviced apartments and Reception is not manned after 5pm. that explained why there was no receptionist on duty when we arrived. The room was large with a very high ceiling. It is obvious that the apartments were converted from offices. The room echoed and it felt quite weird.
There were twin beds, which were quite narrow and very soft, not comfortable at all. The extract fan in the bathroom was very noisy and ran continuously all night. There was no air conditioning. There was an electric heater and electric blankets. The bathroom looked and felt like a bathroom in a hospital with no units for putting personal items on, only a trolley with a tray. The shower curtain was ineffective and water sprayed all over the bathroom getting everything wet. Storage in the room was very limited. The only cupboard was blocked off by the bedside table.
There was a unit with a fridge, hob and sink with a microwave, kettle and ant toaster.
We had stayed in a number of different accommodations whilst touring New Zealand and this was the second least favourite. Our main concerns were the security aspects. As we were bringing our cases in some other people walked in with us, not using a key card and there was no one on reception to ask who they were. Also the institutionalised feeling about the room and the beds which were not comfortable. On the positive side the price was reasonable and it was quiet. However, we would not stay at this place again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple