“little indian, expensive below par lunch”
Review of Little India

Little India
Ranked #18 of 117 Restaurants in Invercargill
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: NZ wide chain.
Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

I was disappointed when I asked my hubby to bring me lunch combo of butter chicken which should have been $13 instead I got a $22 large butter chicken meal that was very average if not below par and nan bread that was sour tasting. few mouthfuls is all I could injure of your expensive cuisine. sorry little indian but I got ripped off.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed February 12, 2018

Was in here for lunch had the Lunch combo, enjoyed the curry was delicious. Front of house staff was very friendly and smiley loved our conversation. Restaurant was very clean tidy and presented well. Will be dining and ordering from here in the future.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 26, 2018

Stopped here for lunch. $13 for curry, rice and naan. Good curry too. Went back the next day for the same thing. Good value, good service.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

Little India was my fav, but it has changed hands.

I must say I like what i like, and to purchase an existing business like this the expectation is for the food to be at least the same or better.

Ordered Chicken Tikka, and the Butter Chicken. Not as well flavoured and the sauce with the Butter Chicken was way too runny, in fact more sauce that chicken. Sorry but did not like the Tikka either, and the rice provided was about half as much as would have got previously.

I’ve been a long time customer of Little India, but sorry guys I’m not a fan of how the food has changed.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

Been previously but not for sometime. They have a new name..India on the Crescent...
Fantastic... service excellent, food delicious and hot... great wine list, plates lovely and hot to put your dishes on so ensuring your food was piping hot. Very very impressed....come you will not be disappointed..... this is definitely a return visit... please support this awesome business

Date of visit: October 2017