“combining art and exploring”
Review of Art Adventures

Art Adventures
Ranked #117 of 179 Tours in Queenstown
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Tour with Art Adventures and discover the essence of New Zealand art by visiting artist studios', regional dealer galleries, lunching at local vineyards, and taste award wining wines.Discover your creativity in spectacular scenery while our professional tutors guide you in your own masterpiece. We provide everything and the materials are yours to keep. With Art Adventures everyday is different.
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our two days with Alice. We were both brand new to pastels but ended up creating a few pieces that really surprised us. Alice is a skilled teacher-she guides without being overbearing. She allows a person to experiment without feeling self-conscious. It was challenging and relaxing at the same time. I have continued to try pastel drawing since the classes and am still enjoying it. What a wonderful way to focus on the beautiful scenery around us!

ArtAdventuresnz, Owner at Art Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Nancy

Thank you for your review, it is good to get feedback on my teaching. Maurice sent me a picture of stones that you did at Stewart - I was really impressed, well done! I will be in touch re coming out your way soon, once the new calendar is pinned up on the wall.

Thank you once again and Happy New Year.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have tried a lot of different visitor experiences but this was one of the most interesting, inspirational and fun. And I am so keen to take my sketch book (moleskin) with me on my travels from now on.
Alice and Megan picked us up and whisked us to the picturesque town of St Bathans where we commenced our art adventure. A southerly storm complete with sleet hit just as we arrived. Not to be daunted we began our afternoon with a short lesson from the very talented artist and tutor Megan Huffadine in the historic Vulcan Hotel. We left the cosy warmth of the hotel and headed for the first of two historic churches and our venture into sketching. Megan and Alice helped us to see magic in the most mundane. Megan suggested a number of "limbering" up sketching techniques which I found initially challenging and ultimately inspiring. Alice was always on hand to offer a wealth of quiet but "on the button" advice. She also took care of our physical needs on such a cold day with handouts of tartan rugs and and at the end a delicious spread with hot drinks back in the hotel.
Both skilled artists, Alice and Megan are passionate about what they do and most importantly have the ability to impart their extensive knowledge. I have had some training in the past but my drawing had become tight and constricted over time. Megan's approach moved these boundaries and I found my drawing loosening up and taking on a new and much more spontaneous feel. I highly recommend Art Adventures equally to the novice and the more experienced.

KokongaDot

ArtAdventuresnz, Owner at Art Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Thank you for your review! I felt humbled that you - being such an accomplished artist yourself, had the ability to open up and take on board others advise. I was really impressed that you came along and gave us 'a go'. Not many artists of your ability would be as open and willing as you, I think it says a lot about you as a person. Thank you it meant a lot to us to have your company.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

What a great afternoon with Alice and Megan at St Bathans in beautiful Central Otago. Their expert attention, patience and skill introduced us to a completely new experience - and we are now inspired to keep our little Moleskine sketchbook and kit with us at all times! The afternoon flew by and we were left wanting more. Highly recommended for both the novice and the experienced artist.

ArtAdventuresnz, Manager at Art Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for your review! It is always good to have feedback - despite the turbulent weather that day we enjoyed it also and look forward to having you over to our opening of the Gallery on the 30th November.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is a fantastic experience. Alice is someone who has a wealth of knowledge and experience. She is passionate about sharing her love of art and the landscape, and is very giving and inspiring. I spent one full day and 2 afternoons with her, and have walked away with greater confidence in my artistic abilities and awareness of my surrounds. I would really recommend the experience to others. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did !!

ArtAdventuresnz, Owner at Art Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Greta

Thank you for your encouragement! I have removed the old logo off Trip Advisor and will post up more recent photos..look forward to the GOMA show with you. Happy Sketching until then!