“First rate art guide for Queenstown, NZ Area”
Review of Art Adventures

Art Adventures
Ranked #113 of 174 Tours in Queenstown
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Tour with Art Adventures and discover the essence of New Zealand art by visiting artist studios', regional dealer galleries, lunching at local vineyards, and taste award wining wines.Discover your creativity in spectacular scenery while our professional tutors guide you in your own masterpiece. We provide everything and the materials are yours to keep. With Art Adventures everyday is different.
Reviewed February 16, 2015

Alice Blackley will drive you all over Queenstown, Frankton and Arrowtown, New Zealand to show you the art galleries and take you into artist's homes, garages, studios where the artists will discuss their works. New Zealand has a number of outstanding artists working in all forms. Alice also takes folks out into the landscape for sketching courses, but given my limited talent, I spent a great day with her in a number of venues and viewed some great art. Her tour also includes a great lunch usually at Amisfield or Jack's Point. Alice is an excellent artist in her own regard and has a great relationship with the artists she will introduce you to. She will ask you in advance if you have any special interests or artists in mind and will connect you with same. Alice is first rate.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was part of a group of non-artists who had a 4hour trip with Alice. We saw an amazing variety of artworks, some in downtown galleries, some in the artist's studios with the bonus of some beautiful scenery on the way between venues. At each gallery the artist or manager explained the art and Alice, as an artist herself, was also very knowledgeable. Delicious morning tea at Amisfield Winery while enjoying the winter sun was lovely. My only criticism was the first gallery pushed us through too quickly to be able to really appreciate what we were being shown, however this was not the case elsewhere.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a wonderful time touring Queenstown galleries with Alice. We learned so many new and interesting facts about contemporary art and saw a wide variety of work in different media that was inspiring. We read about this in the Washington Post and were very glad we had this adventure. We purchased an incredible textile art piece from Sue Wademan that was just beautiful and amazing. Take this tour,

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My friend and I completed a half day sketching excursion with Art Adventures. It was an amazing experience and we couldn't have had a better day out. Megan was so friendly and a great host and tutor - she gave us her undivided attention and we learnt so much. We were really inspired by the things we learnt and have kept up the sketching and painting since then. Art Adventures take care of everything down to the finest detail, I was very impressed. We had a lovely time learning in some beautiful locations and I would definitely recommend this for anyone wanting to bring out their creative side, as well as something different to do in Queenstown amidst all the activities it has to offer.