All reviewshourly shuttle busevery hournice hotelsteep hilltown centregood sizejunior suitenew zealandshuttle serviceper daycomfortable staybit datedspacious roomstayed here for nightscar parkingmilford soundsouth island
Reviewed August 5, 2018

Partner and I stayed here for a winter weekend. We enjoyed being able to walk into town and explore easily, great location! Room was just what we needed and super large bed was a treat. Breakfast was a great addition with plenty of options. Staff were friendly and helpful. Nothing too fancy but exactly what we needed as a base for the weekend.
Only issue was parking we ended up paying for underground parking which was extra cost and there wasn't a space booked when we arrived. Then also wasn't clear if free parking was also available, heard this from other guests.

Room Tip: Ask for a view
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Joshua T, Front Office Manager at Millennium Hotel Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Greetings Belén T,

We are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay at Millennium Queenstown. Thank you for your kind feedback regarding our team. Please excuse us for not informing you of the free parking option on the street adjacent to us.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, Belén. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Management.

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights. Very close to town and the shuttle is very helpful and convenient for sure. The rooms are ok, bathrooms need some updates to include some counter space. Beds are comfortable if you like them very soft. The staff has been amazing and super helpful.
Where they need some help is their technology. WiFi is awful and can’t download or connect easily at all. We have 2 rooms and both rooms had trouble. I had read that was an issue before I booked the rooms but was hopeful it wasn’t the case, however, it is. TV’s are super old. We only got a few stations and we had lines through most stations, making the tv the problem and not the station. While the hotel is nice, they really need to move with the times with technology.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Hi Andrea,

We are delighted to hear that you were very happy with our courtesy shuttle service, your room and the service from our team. As we offer high speed wireless internet with accessibility throughout the hotel, we are surprised to hear that you faced connection issues. Our front desk team are trained to be able to resolve such issues for you, so please bring it to our attention if you face such issues in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back on your next visit.

Reviewed August 1, 2018

I stayed here earlier this week - Saturday through to Wednesday. I got an excellent deal through Hotels.com and was over the moon to have got decent accommodation for a decent price during ski season.

I was happy with the room, wi-fi and the service mostly.

What lacked for me was two things:

- The room service menu is very basic. There aren't a lot of choices to pick from.

- I fell terribly ill on Tuesday and was due to check out on Wednesday. Luckily, I laid in bed all of Tuesday, however, I woke up worse on Wednesday. I was actually worried I wouldn't make my check-out time of 10am. I called the reception non-stop from 7am to try and request a late check-out (I would have paid extra if they'd asked me to, that's how sick I was) and I just couldn't get through. Yes, I could have just gone straight to the reception and asked, but I could barely move and if I left the room then that defeats the purpose as all I wanted to do was just lay in bed and try to fight the sickness before I got on my flight. This was a bit disappointing.

But despite all of that, I really did enjoy my stay here and would most definitely stay again, if the opportunity presented itself.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

Hi MiliGoswami,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to hear that you were happy with your room, internet accessibility and service in general. We are sorry to hear that you fell sick during your stay and faced a lot of difficulty making contact with reception to arrange for late checkout. We will be sure to investigate the phone connection in your room to ensure no guests are left in a similar position in the future.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed July 31, 2018

The staff was wonderful. They also helped us out when we needed to move our stay up by a day, which we are incredibly grateful for. We got there a little early and just expected to stow our bags, but they let us check in. The room was comfortable with a soft bed and good water pressure in the shower. Hotel is just a short walk to town, making it convenient if you have a car to leave it parked in the free street parking next to the hotel rather than paying to park in town all the time.

Our room was on the bottom floor next to the elevators and courtyard, which was a little loud, especially since the bars close around 4am and that is when some people come back and hang out in the courtyard area. I recommend earplugs if you're in that area.

Room Tip: Avoid being near the courtyard
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Greetings apmaddox,

Thank you for your 5 STAR review of your recent stay with us. Your kind feedback has been shared with the team, and is sure to serve as encouragement to the us all. We are glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your accommodation experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Queenstown.

Reviewed July 22, 2018

Hotel is tired and needs total renovation! Staff a bit adhoc with a small sprinkling of good ones. Mainly it’s all just functional. The duty manager Joshua was very approachable and friendly and helpfu. A young Camilla on the breakfast was very good at her job though the only one who has personality!! Others were just robots!! Coffee was hard to come by!! Faster to get your own!!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with MillenniumHotels.com
Joshua T, Front Office Manager at Millennium Hotel Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent accommodation experience. Camilla, our customer service superstar is truly a great asset to the Observatory Restaurant. Your kind feedback has served as an encouragement to us all.

Your feedback regarding the need for renovation has been shared with our senior management team, who relies on your feedback to better improve the product we offer travellers to Queenstown.

Thanks again Nancy. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Queenstown.