Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Bryanah B

Fantastic Service!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 4, 2021
Me and my partner visited Crowne plaza last week and could not fault it at all! The rooms were amazing and Great service in the restaurant by our lovely waitress Emma and the food was fabulous. Will definitely be back
Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded Mar 15, 2022
Thank you for your feedback.

We are happy you enjoyed the rooms and our restaurant service.

C$210
Hotel reception
    C$127
0.6 km from Crowne Plaza Queenstown, An IHG Hotel
Free Wifi
Hotel exterior (seen from the water taxi)
    C$143
5.7 km from Crowne Plaza Queenstown, An IHG Hotel
Room service
View more hotels in Queenstown
1,884 results
All reviews great location valet parking lake view egg station steamer wharf tss earnslaw in town per day valet service buffet breakfast hotel is located new zealand milford sound stayed two nights amazing views balcony lakeview
Selected filters
Reviewed July 21, 2021

My husband and I and our 2 small kids recently stayed at Crowne Plaza in Queenstown.

I booked a deluxe twin room for us paying over $500 nzd extra to get a lake and mountain view. When I checked in at the hotel, I was given Room 115. Noticing that I was given a room on the first floor I asked if my room had a view as I booked a deluxe room. Two receptionists had pointed out to me that booking a deluxe room through booking.com doesn't guarantee me a full view and will get partial view instead depending on availability and that if I had any issue with this, I need to take it up with booking.com as I didn't book directly through them. So I said I will check out the room. The room was a joke. I can see the hotel entrance canopy from the balcony which is blocking the lake view! I was livid so went down to reception and was dealt with by a different receptionist. I told her that I would rather get a standard room than that joke of a deluxe room. But as I didn't book directly through them, she apparently couldn't change my booking so I asked her what she can do for me. Alas she found me a better room with room 603. It had a partial view but better than whatever view 115 had and pretty quiet up on the 6th floor too.
I don't know why Crowne Plaza would classify room 115 as a deluxe room when it should be just a standard room?!

I emailed booking.com on our first night to make a complaint and we stayed there for 5 nights, checked out today and I am still waiting for a reply. I also tried their nz number but it's only for accommodation providers not for customers. I've had good experiences with booking.com but nothing went wrong with those past bookings so this makes me not want to use them in future in case I need to contact them immediately to remedy something.

The shower pressure was not great in the room.

On the plus side, the location was excellent. Within walking distance of everything in central Qtown.
Housekeeping did a great job too.

My tips:
- if you're after twin rooms, save yourself the money and just book a standard twin room. Go up to the 6th floor or the kids zone for the views. Rooms with lake front views are mostly king rooms.
- book directly with Crowne Plaza

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Queenstown Crowne, Owner at Crowne Plaza Queenstown, An IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2022

Thanks for your feedback.

Your feedback is very useful to us and will help us improve in the future.

Kind Regards,

Crowne Plaza Queenstown

Reviewed July 18, 2021

Stayed here for 4 nights, then a night away elsewhere and then back again for a night. Best location ever. So handy for restaurants and wandering the streets of Queentown. Had breakfast here, included in costs. After 5 breakfasts I had had enough, but there is plenty of selection there and regular turnover of food. Used the valet parking at $23 a night - this worked very well with a simple call to reception and our car was out front waiting. Rooms are nothing amazing, but perfectly fine. The location outweighs the average room.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank ExcitedTraveller1973
Queenstown Crowne, Owner at Crowne Plaza Queenstown, An IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2022

Reviewed July 18, 2021

Excellent stay in the Crowne Plaza Hotel during the school holidays. Loved the morning buffet breakfast, great views of Lake Wakatipu and generally clean and comfy rooms. Reception staff were hospitable and allowed us to store our baby car seat in their storage room. Also had good Wifi connection in rooms to help with down-time and the kids loved the Games Room where they played table-tennis, foosball, Nintendo Wii and interacted with other kids. Only issue was that the bathroom towels were not changed daily. Would recommend to travellers especially those who have kids and like nice lake views. We were lucky to book during a time where a special deal was available so that made it more attractive.

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank Lamca274

Reviewed June 11, 2021 via mobile

Location is perfect and central to all restaurants, shopping and water amenities and great walks
Excellent buffet breakfast, room cleaned daily and nothing was issue with exceptional friendly staff throughout hotel.
Recommend the king lake view room on an upper floor (we were on floor 4) and had excellent uninterrupted views of lakes, gardens across the way and downtown Queenstown. Priced on point for location, and lucky enough was here during NZ long weekend with luma.
Rooms are more than adequate, comfy clean bedding and well maintained. As Aussie travellers it was just perfect and will be back. No complaints whatsoever, well done to all who run this hotel from front desk, threesixty restaurant and room attendants 👍👍👍👍👍

Room tip: Upper level king lake view room recommended for great views. Lvl 4 or 5
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed May 25, 2021

We booked this hotel some long weeks before travel so we were able to secure a very good room rate for our three night stay. What a difference a good hotel make to one's experience of a place. We only had one grumble about our room - the bulky pillows, which we did not like. Breakfast had been included in our room rate and it was excellent. Great location; the hotel is situated near the lake shore, close to the center of town. There are numerous eating places to select from for dinner - but remember to take the time to book. We enjoyed our visit

Room tip: Pay the extra for the front rooms - great views of Lake Whakatipu and the Remarkables
Date of stay: May 2021