All reviewsone bedroom apartmentthe kitchengas firewasher and dryerlake wakatipuliving roomstunning viewsfrankton roadserviced dailywalking trackflights of stairsnew zealandwalk into towngreat apartmentheated floorsstayed for nightslaundry facilities
Reviewed July 14, 2018

Very comfortable self-contained 1 bedroom suite (lake view) with great amenities such as free parking, kitchen, laundry and a gas fireplace! My partner and I really enjoyed our 12-night stay here for our winter getaway. Every day we would wake up to the amazing The Remarkables and we saw some of the most beautiful sunsets from our room! The property was centrally located which made it very easy to get around, especially when booking tours and arranging for pick up and drop off. We also walked into the town centre a few times because the sights from the track were incredible and it was a lovely walk also! The room was refreshed and serviced daily which was nice when spending a big day out and coming back to a cleaned villa. Can't wait to come back! Thank you for a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor can hear footsteps and toilets flushing from the rooms above.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
VillaDelLago_11, General Manager at Villa del Lago, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Thank you for your fabulous review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope you will be able to come back again next year.
Cheers

Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed for a week at this amazing property. From the location on the lake to the quality of the apartments and how wonderful they are as hosts you just can’t go wrong. I’ve stayed in a few hotels around the area over the last 10 years (many times on business), but we felt so at home here.

My Girlfriend even left clothes behind in the hurry to catch the plane and they had informed us and posted them back within 3 days of our return.

You’ll love the 20 min walk along the lake to Queenstown as well. I’ll def be coming back. Charlotte is an amazing host at the resort

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley W
VillaDelLago_11, General Manager at Villa del Lago, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

Thank you for your kind review. It was a real pleasure to have you both to stay and we are delighted you had such a great time.
We look forward to hosting you again, any time!
All the best for the remaining year.
Kind regards

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife with 2 kids, the hotel location is quiet far from quennstown mall area which where all activity eating and shoping are.

The good thing about this place, location is wonderful rite in front of the lake which you can see lake, mountain and city.

From check in was wonderful fast and quick, they even show us where the room and what we have to know about the room.

The reception explain to us about the activity area and cities around queenstwon which help me to get the idea where we were going to do.

They even can help you with the tours too.

The room:

Room was amazing, super clean, big and cozy, kitchen have everyting we need to cook some simple breakfast and coffee.

Bed was comfy and blanket was warm.

Bathroom was clean and warm, they provide the bathroom with fan heater with time switch.

This hotel suit for you if you are looking for some nice hanging out place and don’t want to do any oudoor activity or shopping.

It’s for you who looking for peacefull and quiet place.

I really love this place and definetlly will come back again if i come to Queenstown again.

2 minor problem, first, If you get the middle level room which have the good view (1 bedroom) you need to pull your bags to the ramp and lift from stairs bit far, so if you have back problem like me, you need to be carefull.  Second, they have limited parking, so you will find bit problem when loading your bags.

Overall this is a good place with good view, recommend for you for peace of mind.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your wonderful, and detailed review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again, and to hosting your family and friends in the future.
Best regards

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

This room was amazing for the end of our trip. It was roomy, and had all the accommodations we needed and more! The views were amazing and it was such a lovely place. The staff were super friendly and helpful with what was going on in town and what things we could do. We hated leaving our place!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you!!!

Reviewed June 16, 2018

I am struggling to find anything that I didn't like about this place, and it is exactly as advertised - Vanessa on Reception duties was warm, welcoming and efficient and gave lots of good local information to help us get started...A good touch was to take us to our 'home' for the next 5 nights and show us around explaining the lovely apartment's amenities. The drive is pretty steep which is not surprising in a mountain area and be prepared for a few steps!
We were in Suite 16, It was very quiet and the views from here are magnificent; lakeside looking across to the mountains. Actually I think all accommodation in the complex will have a brilliant view. The location is just out of town centre but only a few minutes drive, or, an easy 20-25 minute walk along the lakeside to the central area.
This one bedroom suite has everything you could wish for; kitchen with all you need to cook a meal or just snacks, electric stove, gas hobs, microwave, dishwasher and good quality glassware, crockery, cutlery and serving dishes. Even the cooking utensils are of the same high quality, I could find everything I needed.
Lounge area with its cosy gas/log fire, comfortable leather settee and large TV was a pleasant relaxing area; WiFi was available without restriction and it was fast.
Bedroom; has plenty of hanging space and drawers, additional heater and snuggly quilts all with, as you expect, good quality bedding and choice of pillows. Plus, the luxury of having this made up every day!!!
Bathroom, again, good quality amenities, heated towel rail and extra luxury - tiles with underfloor heating. Fresh towels everyday ! The bath, with shower was drenching and plenty of hot water - I hate it when there is hardly a dribble as often happens. To complete the picture there is also washing machine and dryer etc!!
The place is a credit to the management of this property, and, I might add, equally warm and welcoming. We would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pukekopom

THANK YOU!!! What wonderful guests and what a very kind review. It was truly a delight to have you to stay. We hope you will be able to return some day.
In the mean-time, we wish you all the very best for the rest of the year.
Warm regards