Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jackie D
Melbourne, Australia

Location Perfect but avoid the restaurant

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 24, 2021via mobile
Stayed at the Sofitel for a 6 days whilst we visited around the Queenstown area. The location of the hotel was ideal and within walking distance to all the main places within Queenstown itself. The room was a good size (stayed in a a junior suite) and was well maintained by housekeeping. The staff are extremely friendly and really want to make your stay the best they can. Quality of breakfast was good (but ask for soft eggs if you want them) and coffee is large and hot. My biggest complaint is the hotel restaurant which is my opinion is not worth the space and should be closed or transferred into a bar or use for the club lounge. The service was good but the quality of food I can only describe as 1 star. The chef obviously is not a chef. I have an allergy so got told the soup was more than one day old so unsure what’s in it! The salad I got was meant to be Cesar but with what is in it I would call a mystery. The staff when I complained did their best and took the salad off the bill but my partner who did not eat because I could not paid for their full plate. But the biggest issue for me is that I don’t believe the leadership team even know or possibly care. The staff are young and having a senior manager walk the room and show them how to deal with issues would make such a difference. As a customer it would had meant more to talk than to save the cost of the food.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded May 28, 2021
Bonjour W1797ILjackied,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent Sofitel Queenstown stay. We truly appreciate your feedback and your time over the phone this evening. We are taking this issue very seriously and this will be dealt with accordingly.

I do however hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Queenstown in the very near future.

Thank you once again for your time.

Matthew McClure
Hotel reception
C$172
0.3 km from Sofitel Queenstown Hotel and Spa
Free Wifi
Hotel exterior (seen from the water taxi)
C$186
2.2 km from Sofitel Queenstown Hotel and Spa
Free parking
View more hotels in Queenstown
1,964 results
All reviews left bank the club lounge prestige suite luxury room steam room the general manager beautiful hotel middle of town central location new zealand per day heated floors south island tv accor lake fergburger
Selected filters
Reviewed May 22, 2021

I have stayed at this hotel many times, but this was my first trip with a group of 3 adults and 3 teenagers, and it was perfect! The hotel organised for us to have a room configurations that essentially gave us a 3 bedroom apartment (which included the Penthouse). It was brilliant having the large lounge areas, kitchen and balcony to all comfortably share, and yet all having our seperate rooms to retreat to. I highly recommend it!

As always, the staff were super friendly and helpful, the drinks were flowing in the Club lounge and breakfast was fantastic.

Being located inthe centre of town and a short walk to almost everything, it really is the only place to stay in Queenstown.

Date of stay: May 2021
Guest Relations Sofitel Queenstown, Other at Sofitel Queenstown Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2021

Bonjour B585IJjulies,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent Sofitel Queenstown experience. It is always a true pleasure to have you stay with us and I can see from your feedback that you and your party had a truly enjoyable stay. From your beautifully appointed guest rooms, to your experience in our Executive Lounge, delicious breakfast and our wonderful central location with Queenstown and all of its beauty on your doorstep.

I will be sure to take the time and share your feedback with the entire team at our next monthly Ambassador Meeting, our ambassadors are a true credit to us here at the hotel and they deserve the recognition.

From myself and the entire Sofitel Team we look forward to welcoming you back to your Queenstown home away from home very soon.

Reviewed May 16, 2021 via mobile

We had an amazing guest experience at Sofitel Queenstown. The General Manager Jeremy went out of his way to call me before my arrival and greet us when we checked in. It was really nice to come to a hotel and have guest loyalty recognised. The lounge has a great selection of nibbles and drinks.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Bonjour pjdan83,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent Sofitel Queenstown stay. I am truly delighted to read your feedback and I can see from comments that you had a wonderful stay from start to finish. It would be my pleasure to share your feedback with Jeremy and the entire team regarding your stay. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel in the very near future.

Reviewed May 12, 2021 via mobile

We visited Q town for a weekend with our 6 month old and Sofitel was absolutely perfect. A cot was placed in our room free of charge, we were able to bring bubs into the club lounge no questions asked, and high chairs were brought over to us at breakfast before we could even sit down. Always service with a smile, and a wave to baby from staff. They even put some chocolates and macarons in our room as it was my husbands birthday. Beautiful hotel as well with huge, perfectly clean rooms and immaculate presentation.

Thank you Sofitel Q Town!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Guest Relations Sofitel Queenstown, Other at Sofitel Queenstown Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2021

Bonjour and Kia Ora CeallaighM2,

We truly appreciate your time in reviewing your recent stay here at Sofitel Queenstown. I can see from your feedback you had a wonderful stay celebrating your husbands birthday. I will be sure to take the time to share your comments with the entire team as they are very much appreciated by all. We do hope to welcome you and your family back to Sofitel upon your next trip to Queenstown.

Reviewed May 2, 2021

Firstly, we found everyone working there very helpful and friendly. I have no negative comment on any individual there. The location is ideal for township. However, the building is very outdated. Our room is worn with stains on sofa and the decor is far from what I expect from Sofitel. The kind of sofa you will find in Ibis Style in Invercargill. We are not comparing Sofitel in Europe or USA, comparing with Sofitel Auckland and Wellington: Queenstown is by far below par from the standard of Sofitel we are used to. The lounge is one serious deficiency. Every evening, we had to sit outside. The staff are overwhelmed, despite their diligence and eagerness to serve us, we actually felt bad for them. Housekeeping is not available after 5pm, which is unusual for any 5* hotel we have ever stayed in. The receptionist did his best to support us. Checking out was again unacceptable. Sofitel Queenstown not only cannot offer priviledged desk for Platinum member, we had to queue 15 minutes to check out. The receptionist was so fed up that she didn't have any energy to enquire about our stay - one quick thank you and goodbye so she could serve someone else. This place is heavily understaffed. We didn't have the heart to express our dissatisfaction there and then hence this feedback. I am surprised it has the hotel has the franchise of a Sofitel - more like a Novotel in Eastern Europe, but the cost of a Sofitel.

Bonjour 988edmundl,

Thank you for your time to review your recent stay here at Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa. I am truly disappointed to read your feedback and would love to have the opportunity to speak with you in person regarding your time with us.

Please feel free to contact myself directly guestrelations@sofitelqueenstown.com and I can arrange a time best suited for you to discuss your stay.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I truly hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2021

Date of stay: April 2021
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Guest Relations Sofitel Queenstown, Other at Sofitel Queenstown Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2021