“Weary travellers”

The Ranch Cafe Bar & Grill
Ranked #12 of 38 Restaurants in Te Anau
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Successful family owned restaurant operating now for over 20 years. Our team works hard in providing exceptional service, quality food within a great atmosphere.
Reviewed February 8, 2017 via mobile

Went here twice within several days between trekking. Despite being busy, we were able to wait at the bar and have a few drinks before we were seated shortly after. The staff were hard working, and made sure we got seats as soon as possible, and were efficient with taking orders. Particular thanks to Emma who looked after us well! Food was fantastic, and we tried out a lot from the menu over our two visits, including schnitzels, steaks, fish, nachos. Dessert was great, especially the pavlova and sundaes. We would recommend booking ahead of time as both times it was quite busy (on Weds and Thurs nights). 5/5, thanks for the great food and service.

Reviewed February 8, 2017

Had a hamburger with a salad to replace the fries. It was delicious. The Salmon salad was very tasty per my husband.
We had breakfast there two day ago and it too was very good.

Reviewed February 7, 2017 via mobile

My friend & I had dinner here & it was amazing!! Delicious cheesy bacon bread & awesome ribs! We will definitely recommend going to The Ranch in Te Anau and fabulous service we felt really looked after. Thank you for all the staff & chef you are awesome!!

Reviewed February 6, 2017 via mobile

When looking for something to eat in Te Anua on a Saturday night The Ranch was really busy. In my eyes busy means good, so we waited half an hour for a table. But when we did get seated the service was so fast and the staff were all very hard working. The food hit the spot and I was absolutely stuffed. It wasn't the best meal id ever had but the prices were really reasonable. My Dads burger had a lot of grease dripping out off it, but he still polished it off. I would eat here again and thought it was good because it had an atmosphere.

Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for tea, with a great range of different kinds of meals, i decided on the surf and turf! Was cooked beautiful and had veggie that were cooked perfectly! Couldn't not complain at all. The blue cod which my partner had was amazing! Only disappointed was the chips! We would definitely go back again!