All reviews huge shower head spa suite converted convent nice furniture breakfast and dinner stayed for two nights sunday night room service hunter valley wineries room was spacious tea coffee in the room booked a standard room an overnight stay nice stay netball gateway orphanage
Reviewed July 20, 2018

They provided a refund without question when I recently had to cancel due to a death in the family. Their fast response was very much appreciated.

Booking was through Priceline/Agoda who facilitated the refund.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

Get a room away from the road if you can. The back was quiet and had an amazing morning view with the sun streaming through. Didn’t hear a thing from there. Plenty of parking available even for larger vehicles. I did not try their meals. Huge shower head was great. First room I was in had a loose table top and worn carpet with constant traffic noise. Staff were helpful and changed my room for me which was great. These are smaller type rooms but have high ceilings.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

We booked a standard room and were lucky enough to receive an upgrade. The room was beautiful with a very comfy king bed. The staff were friendly, the room very clean and the squeaking floorboards just add to the charm.

For those of us who are tall the shower will surprise you. 6”6’ will definitely fit under the huge shower head for a wonderfully warm shower.

The hotel could do with a bit of maintenance, with some paint peeling off the walls and a light that gave a little spark.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

Checked in on a cold wet night with a friendly and informative reception. I decided on room service and an early night and was so happy with my decision.
The rooms are very spacious with separate dining table and work desk. The bed - oh my - so comfortable with quality linen and variety of pillows.
Air conditioning of a large and unusual configuration with the bathroom and toilet performed well, providing a lovely consistent temperature.
The room service meal was exactly as ordered, steak was tender and the veges a lovely accompaniment.
I hope to enjoy this accommodation again!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2018

The hotel was described to me as a Faulty Towers experience so I went in expecting the worst and was surprised. The reception and staff were attentive and friendly. I was told that there is lots of renovations planned for the future as the previous owners let the place get a bit tired.
The room was clean and neat but my only complaint was the bathroom was tiny. I am not a large woman and I had to contort myself to get in and out.
The weather in Maitland was horrid. It rained the whole time and was icy cold so there were many leaks everywhere (I suspect that this is a rare occurence in Maitland). The weather could have influenced my opinion of Maitland but I would like to say that the hotel would be one I would return to as it ticked the boxes of a clean, reasonably priced and friendly stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with family