“Good atmosphere, food & drinks”
Review of The Whistler

The Whistler
Ranked #23 of 190 Restaurants in Maitland
Price range: US$11 - US$25
Description: "We're here for a good time, not a long time." So come join us as we showcase the best food & booze this fine town has to offer, with over 16 quality craft beers on tap and a cocktail menu to rival any underground Melbourne hipster bar, you'll be sure to find something here that tickles you right where it feels good.
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Had a nice long lunch at Whistler recently. Staff are always friendly here. My only complaint is, when they’re busy, it gets VERY noisy & hard to hear each other speak. Hence the 4 instead of 5 star. I highly recommend the haloumi & veg stack (delicious & I’m not a vegetarian, I just felt like something different.) The boys enjoyed the steak sandwiches & chips, & the nachos was a winner too (very spicy, but nice.)
I think the boys were paying about $8.50/beer, they tried a few of the different ones on offer & us girls shared the teapot cocktail $36.
Overall, we’ve had breakfasts, lunch & functions here & we love that it’s something close to home & quality.

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

My fiancé and I held our engagement party at The Whistlers back function room- we had a wonderful night! The room is beautiful and creates a wonderful atmosphere, staff attentive and friendly, food and drinks delicious and well priced and management super flexible allowing us to manage aspects such as decorations and music! Thanks to the team at The Whistler we had an absolute blast and so glad we had our special night here!

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

The Whistler is a great place to have a drink, with awesome cocktails. Definitely try the Storm In A Teapot cocktail!

Meals are ordered at the bar, and when it is busy there is a long line to order. We were advised meals would be about 30 minutes, which was no problem at all. A 30 minute wait is what I would have expected anyway. Unfortunately the wait was about an hour. As a large group half of us enjoyed our meals, half of us found them to be average. Fries were very oily and not nice. Burgers were dry with not the nicest burger rolls. Beef cheeks were nice.

I might try here again on a quieter night to see if the service is better.

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a great breakfast a couple of weeks ago and the food and coffee were fabulous. Just a suggestion, poached eggs on a flat board just don’t work. Spent half my visit trying to stop the eggs running off the edge of the plank.

Reviewed July 3, 2018

A beautifully renovated gem in the Heart of Maitland. A warm inviting and family friendly.
Service was quick and range of boutique beers and ciders excited my husbands palate.

I recommend the steak sandwich, it was cooked perfectly.